Tcxo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fin said:

So, in a one box CDP, is it beneficial to reclock the signal between the filter and DAC?

If the filter is included in the DAC chip (SAA7321), is it worthwhile to reclock between the decoder and filter/dac?

Hi Fin,

Yes (it is always worth to reclock). Most digital filyters psit out jitter at their datalines which ripples throgh onto the conversion clock, inside the DAC chip.

I have no experience in reclocking between decoder and filter+DAC but I wouldn't be surprised......

cheers

Guido Tent said:
Hi Fin,

Yes (it is always worth to reclock). Most digital filyters psit out jitter at their datalines which ripples throgh onto the conversion clock, inside the DAC chip.

I have no experience in reclocking between decoder and filter+DAC but I wouldn't be surprised......

Thanks Guido - I will try to find more info on reclocking between decoder and filter. If I eventually figure it out and try it, I will post some results here.

Do you know of any good articles on the subject?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.