Sony CDP-XE300 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a Sony CDP-XE300 that works bad(and was supposed to).
First, I plugged the CD player, inserted a CD, pressed play, everything was going fine until about 20 minutes later, it began to fast forward so I pressed power off. I tried a bit later, after cleaning the lens, and I put the CD, pressed play, and the CD player passed one minute to try to read the CD but it didn't worked.(Note that the CD player hasn't been plugged for mroe than 6 months before I tried it, that's why I suspect a capacitor to have a problem even if not one leaks)

that's why I suspect a capacitor to have a problem even if not one leaks)

Tried it a couple of times yesterday.
Sometimes read info data, sometimes write no disc. When reading info data, it's sometimes able to play a couple of seconds of the track, sometimes not. It makes a strange noise when not running fine. When I put my finger to stop the disc from turning, noise stops even if I see laser mechanism gears turning a bit when disc is spinning. (Note also that this player have played more than 1500 hours)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.