Is this kind of PSU normal in a CD player?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's how my CD player's PSU is
The transformer has only one secondary winding, with multiple voltages. So the current of the +-15V (analog) is shared with the digital ones, and the opposite too.

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 664
What would you say? 30VA too?

I had another idea that xhanging the transformer: using a second one only for the analog PS (+-15V)
So the "2nd wires from gound" on the secondarie would be unused on the first transformer. Or is the VFT power supply more harmfull for the digital that the digital is for the analog?

Attachments

• dscf0008s.jpg
    dscf0008s.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 556
Similar layout - similar idea!

Hi Bricolo

The power supply in your CDP (CD62???) looks the same as that used in my CD624.

From what I can tell, the +/-15V only supplies the output opamps and there is a -15V going to the Kill circuit.

The +/-5V supply feeds all of the other ICs including the decoder and dac.

The +/-10V supply feeds the servos.

I have thought of adding a new 25-30VA transformer to supply the +/-15V for the opamps and the +5V for the DAC/filter and decoder.

The original +/-15V supply could then be used as a pre reg for the main -/+5V supply, with the added benefit of moving the +/-5V supply further away from the +/-10V servo supply.

I haven't tried any of this yet, but I think it is possible and might be worthwhile.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.