Rotel RCD965BX LE Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received a 965 BX LE and tested it for just a few songs before doing mods. It ran fine. After changing the opamps, pulling the muting transitors and replacing the RCA plugs I am having weird problems.

When I insert a disc the player finds it just fine then plays it for 10 seconds. It then resets itself and re-reads the disk like I have just inserted it. I also get and error when I press the program button (not sure if this is related).

I searched here and tried most of the suggestions; checked the solder joints, cleaned the lens and lubricated the ball. Nothing has helped. I have had skipping CD players before and they would skip ahead on the disc. This thing never does that it just resets.

I am looking to find a CDM4/19 to try, but I am wondering if it might be something else. Any help would be appreciated.

John

Now that you have established that the cdm is ok(as predicted),you could check the microprocesser.
-run the testmode if available
-you have messed with the killcircuit:check the supplyvoltages(sometimes connected)

And perhaps the scanbutton is stuck.

just some ideas...

maybe recheck capacitors?

I have a similar problem after exchanging 33 uf and 47 uf capacitors with same-sized oscons (47 are 16V instead default 25V) on my philips cd 584. Will try to put larger caps, but it seems the player just runs out of juice in some songs. Tested on pink floyd final cut, plays most tracks normally, but immediately resets on track 5 which has a loud beginning. Same with a few other cd's which have lots of bass.

Rotel 965bx LE discrete

I wonder if anyone here can help me. I own two of the above machines which are absolutely stunning - real improvement on a current Arcam FMJ sacd 37 at £1400!

If you see one buy it.

Trouble is came down the other day and one was just reading error. The motor was not turning and while laser moves it is not on. Having a standard one around I swapped lasers and motors.. To no effect.

Can anyone help with some ideas and if possible send me a service manual to drgrahamlewis@gmail.com - kind of struggling here and really want to get this fixed.

Any simple mods to further improve also welcomed - I will fit a rock clock and psu at some point. Obviously the discrete output board and tons of black gates all help...

Graham

I have a rotel 965bx service manual i can send ... still required?

Indeed - I now have another one - but would really like to get the original working.

It was owned by the chap that worked on the upgrade line...

Many thanks - email is drgrahamlewis@gmail.com

Sorry for the delay - your the only person who got back to me and I was a little surprised about that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.