CS43122 vs. AK4395 killer DAC's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
restrictions are bad ;-)

Attachments

• bild3.jpg
    bild3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,002
peranders said:
Carlos, notice that this is a thread from 2002 :att'n: Things have happened since them.
I notice though that performance is not significanlty better since then. 120 dB dynamics is around the limit and also the needs. How many want more than 120 dB in normal music reproduction?

I'll notice also that noone here has achieved any "Spitzenklasse" DAC. Maybe this have to do with need also. A CD player and it's analog output is enough.

Carlos, my DAC project is sleeping... and I haven't even desided for any DAC candidate.

BTW: Which DAC's are in top 5 these days?

I do not think that shielding is noticeable... only for the fun ;-)

I´ve added dedicated regulators for the oscillator (you can not actually see it on the pictures.. I simply stacked a second 3V3 reg onto the other, its under the OSCON on the bottom of the pic.

The ICS525 is a frequency multiplier IC, so it also got a seperate regulator (covered with silicone glue)...

Those two regulators do a good job but I´m sure PerAnders or someone else wouldn´t go this easy way ;-), there are much better regulator designs for high frequency applications than those xx1117 types..

Attachments

• reg1.jpg
    reg1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 813
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.