Philips CD930/CD931/CD940 service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for asking tubenut :)

I haven't even been able to get a new laser assembly over here so far.
Most prospects seem to be in Europe, and more particularly in Germany where they either don't speak English (often the case) and in a couple of instances also refused to do business with Americans. Most of my inquiries have been ignored. I am looking for a new one to purchase, but I suspect another issue as a simple back panel reset once in a while and cleaning the connector on the mechanism resolves the problem sometimes for up to 6 months at a stretch. Also unlike many units of this vintage this one does not have many hours on it. Right now it has worked fine for about 2 months.

I am probably just going to eventually buy something else to replace it, money is less of an issue than my limited time. :D

I will make very sure it does not have a Philips mech in it before I buy it.. My old Sony is twice as old and must have > 5K hours use on it and is still doing yeoman duty at a friend's house.

LOL

Kevin

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
kevinkr said:

I haven't even been able to get a new laser assembly over here so far.
Most prospects seem to be in Europe, and more particularly in Germany where they either don't speak English (often the case) and in a couple of instances also refused to do business with Americans. Most of my inquiries have been ignored.....

......I will make very sure it does not have a Philips mech in it before I buy it.. My old Sony is twice as old and must have > 5K hours use on it and is still doing yeoman duty at a friend's house.

This sounds very odd to me as most germans do speak english. Certainly companies can help english speaking customers. Compare that to the amount of americans speaking german ;) They are sensitive for correctness though, call it etiquette if you want.

I have had a post in the Trading Post for months in which I offered 2 CDM9 mechanisms, one CDM 9/44 new in box and one used CDM 9/65. Some time ago I sent a CDM3 mechanism to the USA as a gentleman over there was searching for one of those rare CDMs. Better check the Trading post some more. I recently saw a member offering new CDM 9/44 but I am not sure in what section this post was. Anyhow, if you really want one you will find the post using our love-and-hate tool, the Search function.

About Sony mechs; I have not seen many Sony mechanisms living longer than CDM1/4/9. It must be a real old one you are referring to as the modern ones are chinese OEM mechanisms that shine in only one area: cost.

Grandata in the UK certainly speak English and they do sell CDM9/44 although it could well be the refurbished type. Not many original brand spanking new ones are around. I can buy a refurb type here in SA for about USD60.00. There is a dutch company selling same for 25 Euro but can not remember their name. They speak English for sure. Google for CD9/44...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.