Help with capacitor choice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Panasonic FC is OK, BCcomponents cape are OK too. You can be sure about the results although I wouldn't use very low ESR caps everywhere in the cdplayer ( especially not directly after the regs ). With the risk of sounding conservative: I would stick with the brands that are known for their quality and experiment with the lesser know brands in an old cdplayer.

Jamicon was average in quality in the past, don't know about them now. Same with Punsumi.

Thanks Jean - Paul

I will try to get hold of some Panasonics here but I might have to import them. Most of the retailers here stock Jamicons, so the choices are limited.

The specifications on the Jamicon WL datasheet look quite interesting - lower impedance and higher ripple current figures than many others - but that might not mean too much.

I assume that using low ESR's before the regs is a good idea??

BTW, any progress with your CD634??

Regards

Fin

Other brands?

Thanks Jean-Paul

BC components are not easily available here.

Panasonic, Rubycon, Nichicon and Elna are available here through RS Components Australia and Farnell Australia.

What would you suggest for each section of the CDP?
Does the following make sense:?

Smoothing (before regs): Panasonic FC / Nichicon PL / Elna RJH
Directly after regs: Panasonic M / Rubycon MH5 / Rubycon YXA
Decoupling around the DAC: Rubycon ZA
Decoupling around opamps: Panasonic FC / Elna Starget

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.