Is this a real TDA1541A?

It does not have the "Philips" logo on it, is this real? :bigeyes:

Please help :bawling:

Attachments

• tda1541a.gif
    tda1541a.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 11,108
pop11 said:
So it is a fake? Or just remark of a normal TDA1541A? :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Making a fake (working) IC is luckily more complicated than making a fake transistor, IMHO there are 2 possibilities

1- Someone has around a overstock of plain 1541s (the writings are way too similar to Elib's photo of 1541) or inferior specification chips and, seen the great interest on this product, rebrands them as "1541A" with later production code

2- The fab that made the double crowns opened again ;) but without the Philips logo (joke)

To see how good it is (and if it works at all) the only way is to try and compare it with a reguar 1541A. I'm sure that someone has a horny socket ;) ready to be plugged with such a chip.
If you get to make a comparison, please let us know.

Cheers

Andrea

Looking at elib's picture you can see that the taiwan is marked
RSH. Seems the factory code is HSH for holland and RSH for taiwan.

Your chip is HSH-97, but in 1997 they were not produced anymore in holland as far as i know.

So yes, it must be fake.

Try to plug in in a (I2S) player.

If it works without pin4 connected, it's an A version.
If pin4 needs to be connected to get sound, it's non A (output buffer latch).

Also the A version needs the cap on pin 16/17, the non A version
does not need one. The A version should sound crap without cap (dem oscillator not running).

Second source for 1541 would have been Wolfson as far as i can remember. Think they made something similar.

mvg,

Well guys,

I have some at hand with prefix HHH and HBH but most of TDA1541A I have marked HSH like everybodys'.

The HHH one has been in my home for more than 15 years, so it is original. Where was this HHH produced? sounded excellent!!!

The HBH is from Germany, I believe is true one (coz from a famous huge distributor) but date coded 96???

Another chip which seems nobody mentioned before is marked NTE2057, if you check the dadasheet of NTE2057 you will find that NTE2057 is TDA1541 (A??).

NTE was once the Philips company in north America; so, is it possible the remarked one is from NTE.

Something starage, if you search and ask the availability of NTE2057 you will find that you still can get it now but the price is very high. What rank is NTE2057? TDA1541, A, R1, S1 :confused: :confused:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
A development sample from 1997 !? SAA7321 and/or SAA7350 ( or others, forgot the count with 1 bit chips really ) were in development then, isn't it ?

If I look at the pictures in post #1 and post #2 I see they are marked exactly the same except for the datecode which is 10 years later and the A, hence my suspicion about the datecode and genuinity. Also font and ink seems different. The same chip in post #2 in the lower right corner, what about that one ? Is that a development sample from 1987 then ? ( I suppose the 4182 code says it all ).