Is this a real TDA1541A?

Act NOW if you want affordable new/unused original Taiwan made chips. Don't bother finding old S1 chips ("a class on their own" :)) as these sound better. Probably a last chance to find original new ones without suspicion from a reputable source. I know John has a quantity of 1998 Taiwan made chips but sending an email to be sure won't hurt.

https://www.ecdesigns.nl/parts.html

I got: "This site can’t provide a secure connection"

I got: "This site can’t provide a secure connection"
I ordered two 1541 from Ecdesigns but there was no online Paypal payment option so I expected a Paypal payment request or invoice but have heard absolutely nothing from them.
There was also no way of knowing how upto date the website is but it makes you wonder when you don't even receive a reply or acknowledgement.

Hi there,
I have ordered two pcs as well and the system promissed;) to email me a confirmation. Is it same like in your case?
By the way this I consider a real one since have bought it time ago from a reliable company in England.
Cheers,

Attachments

• Real TDA 1541 A S1.jpg
    Real TDA 1541 A S1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 314
Both look genuine

Andy

Hi Andy, thank you for sharing your opinion. I have been having serious doubts because on both of them "S1" is so much thicker than the rest of the fonts and somehow not evenly printed (or stamped).

I have not been able to find a similar font thickness in any of the previous 50 pages in this thread, should that mean something ?

Regards,
S

And received them, I have never seen brand new TDA1541a chips before till now, also the chips were shipped in a huge box. Thanks John

I will try again as it seems there is no problem with the company.
Thanks for the updates, it is reassuring.

I have just re ordered and received the Your order has been placed, we will send you an order confimation email soon.. message - same as last time but hopefully will get a reply. (I did check my spam folder last time)

I'm looking forward to getting these for my revamped dual differential dac* using Iancanada's I2Sto PCM board and 4x AD844 driving a pair of Sowter transformers differentially.

*+ dem reclocking - not decided on which method or clock frequency yet.

Last edited:
I will try again as it seems there is no problem with the company.
Thanks for the updates, it is reassuring.

I have just re ordered and received the Your order has been placed, we will send you an order confimation email soon.. message - same as last time but hopefully will get a reply. (I did check my spam folder last time)

I'm looking forward to getting these for my revamped dual differential dac* using Iancanada's I2Sto PCM board and 4x AD844 driving a pair of Sowter transformers differentially.

*+ dem reclocking - not decided on which method or clock frequency yet.

SUCCESS Gordon contacted me today so the order has now been placed and paid for. (he did say the first order had been received but was overlooked)

Hi Andy, thank you for sharing your opinion. I have been having serious doubts because on both of them "S1" is so much thicker than the rest of the fonts and somehow not evenly printed (or stamped).

I have not been able to find a similar font thickness in any of the previous 50 pages in this thread, should that mean something ?

Regards,
S

The early examples were hand selected and hand stamped.
So they all look different !!

Andy

I want to get rid of this:
1x chinese base for tda1541
1x used (pins are just ok but some little bend) chinese tda1541 3056 HsH8649 5Y
1x almost new (chinese?) SAA7220p/a
1x new CS8412-CP
2x new CD4040BCN + 1x used
1x tda1541 R1 4212 HsH8731 5Y (1 pin little bend, 2 pins have a capacitor mod soldered and badly bent, could be reused or fixed if you are good)

(not related but also sale audiotrak Prodigy HD2 computer sound card almost new)