Is this a real TDA1541A?

I have the CD player Naim CD3, The TDA1541A S1 have double crowns but one of these is deleted. Why???
- as Philips website, code HSH is made from Holand factory not taiwan factory.

Please help me this TDA1541A S1in this CD player is genuine or fake or remark???
Best regards,
a2.JPG

Hi Poynton,

Sorry, I know it's a very poor image but it's the only one that the seller provided.

I've copied it again from a different different programe. I don't know if this is any better.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

windows 7 screen shot

The serial number is:

TDA1541A
HSH0338 2

The 'A' and the '4' appear to have the correct curvy typeface.

Does the 03 date code immediately mark it out as being a fake?

03 does not mean it is a fake.
I own very good sounding 2004 chips and I bought quite a lot of them and they all sound very consistent.

I have also seen chips with later date codes.

My experience with TDA1541A is as follows:

1) Irrespective of the date code - if the chip works it is genuine.

2) Irrespective of the date, some arrive with static damage and make bad distorting noises, or only one channel works and the other distorts.

3) The chip gets very hot and nothing works (chip is a fake) OR - chip was inserted upside down which damaged the chip.

4) The date code is not an indicator of genuine or fake chip. - The counterfeiters can print any date they want on it!

5) See point 1, then re-read point 1, if still in doubt, read point 1 ;)

The only way to tell if it works is to use it and see.

Last edited:
Compared to 87 chips they sound good. They sound slightly different. I wouldn't say better or worse just different. If you know your TDA, you should know what I mean. They all sound slightly different depending on the batch. I don't really worry about it. I think people get way to obsessed with the year. You can get a bad chip, and it will sound not dynamic, in comparison to another. In which case don't use that one. But most of the chips I have tried sounded good.

Last edited:
Hi

I have 6 old TDA1541A that I was thinking of selling, had them since 2001 to build this project but never got around to it (that was me in the email)

see

source of tda1541a chips - steveor - Tweakers' Asylum

The text is 11121 HSH8918 2 , all have Philips logo

but did I understand that Jean-Paul state that they were now back in production so essentially worthless?

thanks
Steve

Hi,

I posted this three years ago but never got a response to my message, just been doing some tidying up and came across the TDA1541A's and just dropped in to see if there were any responses? ;)

There is a pic in the following post (235/236)

I assume they didn't go back into production since someone is selling the R1 on ebay for £13 !

Hello, Jean-Paul

I am very interested in purchasing a TDA-1541 S2 legitimate, and would like some advice from you for purchase. I dont have any budget limitation for it buy, but I need to buy one original chip, and not a Chinese fake.

I have clear that my project will be as good as the worst of the components incorporated in the.

Last edited:
Hello, Jean-Paul

I am interested in purchasing a TDA-1541 S2 legitimate, and would like some advice from you for it purchase. I not have any budget limitation in cost, but if I need to be one original chip, and not a Chinese fake.

I have clear that my project will be as good as the worst of the components incorporated in the.