PGA2310 + BASIC stamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For my next uprade to my BoSoZ (it's been operational for 3 years and i'm still poking around with it) I want to add a digital volume control. I've got some experience with BASIC stamps and i'm looking for some sort of starting point for getting the stamp to control the PGA2310. Thanks.

HooRide said:
For my next uprade to my BoSoZ (it's been operational for 3 years and i'm still poking around with it) I want to add a digital volume control. I've got some experience with BASIC stamps and i'm looking for some sort of starting point for getting the stamp to control the PGA2310. Thanks.

This is probably not the answer you're looking for,but;)
The PGA2310 is an almost complete preamp, with internal opamp. I wouldn't use it with BoSoZ, I would use it as it is and throw away the BoSoZ:xeye:

If you want a new volume controll for the BoSoZ i would build something with relays. Like this: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21198&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=1

/Freddie

Haha, nope, not the answer I was looking for but good to know none-the-less. I knew it had a buffer...didn't know it could be considered to be a full on preamp.

Oh well, on the plus side, i've got all the parts to make this work (free samples) and I always welcome the experience. Also, it seems like a good (read inexpensive) alternative when I switch over to fully balanced (daisy-chained).

Link is broken, but from my previous searches on DIY audio for info on the chip, I know what site you're linking too. If it's your site, congrats on being hit #2 on google under 'pga2310' :) Very informative.

Right now i'm flipping through the datasheet, BASIC stamp manual and looking at the sample code from that site.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.