PGA2310 + BASIC stamp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th April 2004, 05:49 AM   #1
HooRide is offline HooRide  United States
diyAudio Member

Default PGA2310 + BASIC stamp

For my next uprade to my BoSoZ (it's been operational for 3 years and i'm still poking around with it) I want to add a digital volume control. I've got some experience with BASIC stamps and i'm looking for some sort of starting point for getting the stamp to control the PGA2310. Thanks.
Old 20th April 2004, 06:29 AM   #2
Freddie is offline Freddie  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default Re: PGA2310 + BASIC stamp

Quote:
Originally posted by HooRide
For my next uprade to my BoSoZ (it's been operational for 3 years and i'm still poking around with it) I want to add a digital volume control. I've got some experience with BASIC stamps and i'm looking for some sort of starting point for getting the stamp to control the PGA2310. Thanks.
This is probably not the answer you're looking for,but
The PGA2310 is an almost complete preamp, with internal opamp. I wouldn't use it with BoSoZ, I would use it as it is and throw away the BoSoZ

If you want a new volume controll for the BoSoZ i would build something with relays. Like this: Constant impedance relay-resistor logarithmic attenuator

/Freddie
Old 20th April 2004, 06:41 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Haha, nope, not the answer I was looking for but good to know none-the-less. I knew it had a buffer...didn't know it could be considered to be a full on preamp.

Oh well, on the plus side, i've got all the parts to make this work (free samples) and I always welcome the experience. Also, it seems like a good (read inexpensive) alternative when I switch over to fully balanced (daisy-chained).
Old 20th April 2004, 07:00 AM   #4
Banned

sorry, no basic stamp but PIC. check my www.
Old 20th April 2004, 07:05 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Link is broken, but from my previous searches on DIY audio for info on the chip, I know what site you're linking too. If it's your site, congrats on being hit #2 on google under 'pga2310' Very informative.

Right now i'm flipping through the datasheet, BASIC stamp manual and looking at the sample code from that site.

Hide this!Advertise here!