Marantz CD-73 SOPHI Mod Help Required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
I have a Marantz CD-73 with a SOPHI Decoder board where the front end is a Sony board doing the decoding (no SAA7000 or SAA7010), I want to make the player sound warm and organic like a Philips CD-104, but at the moment it lacks bass and warmth for reasons that are not clear from the circuit diagram (I dont have a SOPHI version of the CD-73 schematic but I have a CD-303 one) . I would ideally like to perform a NOS mod to the Decoder board but can't see any way of making it 14 bit due to the lack of SAA7000 chip.
Can anyone answer my question about if it is possible to set the Sony Chips to 14 bit like you can on the SAA7000? Also, can anyone suggest how I get some bass into the sound - I was led to believe that all 14 bit players sound the same in standard guise, but that is not the case with the CD-73 and possibly the 74 and 84; as they have a more Japanese sound.
Regards,
Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.