New Denon DCD1600NE Burning smell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought this Player and have had it for one week. The player seems to be working well,no problem with sound quality. But, whenever I start playing cd's there is a some kind of burning smell coming from the player. No sign of smoke,just the smell. I never had this with any electronics that I have owned. I'm assuming it may be a defective component inside that is about to go bad, but not sure. So, I'm debating whether to just return it as defective since it's brand new.Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Don't know if this is just coincidence; but I used the player this morning for over 2 hours and no smell. Actually, I can't say for sure that it is or was a burning smell. Seems to smell more like plastic. Maybe a break-in process, not really sure yet. I would say I've used it around 25 hours so far. If the smell comes back or gets worse, I will probably return it as defective. Thanks for the replies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.