Dead Marantz CD63

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks

My precious, beloved Marantz CD-63 I bought in 1994 with my first paycheck has just died on me, it had showed no signs of failure, it had been working perfectly until I came to turn it on today and nada, nothing, zilch. Replaced the plug fuse and still nothing, so it appears to be dead as the proverbial dodo.

I've replaced it with a secondhand Cambridge Audio Azur 340C that I am happy with, so now I have a dead CD63 to play with.

While I've done quite a bit of electronics over the years and am fairly competent with a soldering iron, I have never done any DIY audio projects before, so I figure this CD63 would be a good starting point to learn.

Of course, getting it working would be the number 1 task, then I'd like to try some upgrades.

As I'm new to the world of DIY Audio I thought it was a good idea to ask for advice before I begin.

Here is the power supply section of the schematic.

Attachments

• CD63.jpg
    CD63.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 122
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.