Philips (Marantz) CD-60 not spinning up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been a while since I updated this thread.
Just wanted to RE-EMBARRASS all the skillsless folks who participated in the "troubleshooting" ... that pretty much went no-where here at DIYA.
Oh .... the CD-60 has been working flawlessly, all these months later, since my mostly DIY effort. And that's where the "Y" in DIY is so apropos ... YOURSELF. I.e., solo.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm glad you have the CD-60 running. I think my previous comments hold well and your attitude hasn't changed one bit.

The truth of the matter is that many of us could have repaired your unit with a minimum of fuss had it on our bench. There is a wealth of information that wasn't passed on from you, and still more that we would have seen ourselves. Working with someone over the phone, via email or on a forum is always far more difficult than if it was on our bench, that much should be pretty clear to you. Yet, some of us tried to help you even though you weren't playing straight.

Really, all you proved is that you can mess up troubleshooting by withholding information. If anything, you should have posted pictures and a complete explanation in this thread at the very beginning. You didn't. So yahoo! We really couldn't be expected to figure this out with what you gave us to work with. Go pat yourself on the back and have a beer. Ya done good - for you. Meanwhile the rest of us will continue repairing equipment properly and fixing the units messed up by the likes of people similar to yourself.

One thing you should know. When customers withhold information about a repair, and we have to trouble shoot to the truth, you have cost yourself more bench time. Most of us also charge something called a**hole tax in those situations. However when customers are honest about what has happened, more often than not we will give them a break.

I guess that's why you will probably go through life paying more than the next guy, just due to attitude and a lack of respect for people who are just trying to help you. But then, you wouldn't even be aware of that, 'cause we obviously don't tell you these things as a rule.

Now for the bad news for you. Car repair people, lawyers and just about everyone else does the same thing with respect to charges. Like I said, you're probably going through life paying more than your average person.

-Chris :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.