Adding Bluetooth input to car amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm looking for a simple way to add bluetooth input to my car stereo, which is currently powered via a secondary amp. I know similar questions have been asked, and I did read through them, but I believe my specific question is a bit different.

The way I'm leaning towards is via simple module like this, which you just plug into the amp and power up, and it sends audio to the amp when you are connected: Amazon.com: Bluetooth Marine Receiver Adapter Waterproof by HomeSpot Stereo Head Units for Marine Yacht, Boats Vehicles Cars, Motorcycles, ATV, Spa (Built-in with Ground Noise Isolator): Electronics

However, in order to use that as well as my current headunit, I'd have to split the audio inputs going into the amp. This means it would be possible to play sound both through the headunit as well as bluetooth - a situation I'd like to avoid.

Do you guys know of any similar products (or other methods) that also have, for instance, an audio in, and when the bluetooth is unconnected the audio just passes through unmolested?

Do you guys know of any similar products (or other methods) that also have, for instance, an audio in, and when the bluetooth is unconnected the audio just passes through unmolested?
Not a good idea, OMHO, as bluetooth connects your smartphone automatically when you enter the car. Better to add, one way or another, a single switch to swap the output lines: Direct/Bluetooth.
Easier, when you drive, that entering in your smartphone's menus to disconnect-it.
One thing is important, it is that the bluetooth device you will chose do have "Built-in Ground Noise Isolator", if you want to avoid unwanted noises from the alternator.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.