Laser Head Assemblies for Marantz DV7000 (DVD Player) & DR6000 (CD Recorder)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Laser Head Assemblies for Marantz DV7000 (DVD Player) & DR6000 (CD Recorder)

I recently received these two machines back from the Marantz Service Centre and they informed me that the lasers in both machines are not strong enough and require replacing (at a cost of USD 500!!!). I have been experiencing problems watching movies on the DVD player but encountered no problems with the CD Recorder.

The Service Engineer informed me that the spare parts are extremely expensive and represent 50% of the cost. I get the feeling that this guy is bull****ing me.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone would advise if this is the case and also where I can get the required spare parts at more competitive rates? I'd appreciate a layman's reply as I am no expert!

Thanks in advance.

These things are dear!!!

I am not sure about hte DVD laser prices, I know they can be high. I have heard of USD 150 or so for Sony DVD lasers.

I have a Philips CDR machine that probably uses similar bits to the Marantz CDR. A new recording laser for this is about USD 300 here in SA. Calibration and set up of the new cdr laser requires 2 hours with a PC.

I was told that giving the machine at least a 10 - 20 min break between burns will dramatically increase/preserve laser life....
The reading laser on this unit is just a CDM12.xxxxx so that is cheap.

Regards
Guillaume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.