Bluetooth aptx module help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I brought this Online Shop Wireless Adapter Bluetooth 4.2 APTX DAC Board Bluetooth Audip Receiver Lossless HIFI Supports Analog Audio Input and Output | Aliexpress Mobile

I'm trying to use it in my portable speaker box.
I'm using batteries so DC voltage.
It specifies that it's AC or DC but Everytime I connect positive and negative wires to the input it doesn't turn on. Unless I just use the positive wire! How is this possible?! Maybe through the ground on the signal wires then to the amplifier to finish it's circuit?

I'm unsure how to properly wire this thing as it's unmarked. But I assume it just goes through a rectifier of some sort so it doesn't matter about polarity, correct?
Maybe the description for this product is false and it doesn't work for a DC circuit.

Thanks in advance,
Cam

Even I bought something similar from aliexpress(yet to receive the module). Not sure what is the cause. Locate + and - of round shaped Bridge rectifier and try connecting your batteries there. My electronics knowledge is very limited, but trying this should not hurt

Reg? I haven't got a regulator in because my battery voltage is well within the range of everything.
I'm using 4x 18650 li-ion batteries so around 17v at Max and 13 drained.
I'm using a PC PSU to charge them and power Everything if I'm at home.
Could be an idea but would the circuit board be wired to do that?

Reg? I haven't got a regulator in because my battery voltage is well within the range of everything.
I'm using 4x 18650 li-ion batteries so around 17v at Max and 13 drained.
I'm using a PC PSU to charge them and power Everything if I'm at home.
Could be an idea but would the circuit board be wired to do that?

I meant the reg on the board. I think it's a 7812. You are going to run into issues with the dropout voltage of the the 7812 when your batteries are running low - you need to keep it around 14v or above.

What I would do is remove the 7812 also, and replace it with an equiv LDO regulator, or a switch mode regulator like this DC-DC Boost Buck Adjustable Step Up Step Down Automatic Converter XL6009 Module Suitable For Solar Panel Sale - Banggood.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.