DCC (digital compact cassette) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th April 2004, 08:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DCC (digital compact cassette)

Bit of a long shot this. I want to know if anyone thinks/knows it if it would be possible to mod a DCC deck to accept a different bitstream in for decoding and conversion. Obviously if the decoding (of the MP1 PASC compression) is done on the same chip as the tape control then probably not. Why didnt philips release a CD recorder with PASC? (I remember thinking that at the time) I know compression is frowned upon but the PASC at 384kbps was really pretty good for what it was/is.
Old 13th April 2004, 10:22 PM   #2
rehgf is offline rehgf  Finland
diyAudio Member

Which one do you own? I use my DCC-170 as a DAC. This semi-pro portable recorder seems to have enough power to drive a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro. I should probably ask how to test the headphone power out on the Head-Fi forum.

Are you interested in a picture of the bottom-side of the recorder's circuit board? The bottom plate is attached with one small screw, so I could easily open that and take a picture.

Hide this!Advertise here!