marantz cd 6000 ki clock fitting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone give me some info regarding a trichord clock 2 i have fitted in my marantz cd 6000 ki
I have removed C2329, C2330, R3325 and R3326 and the clock.
My problem is that the laser diode is jumping up and down as if it is trying to focus, it wont recognise any discs at all, wont spin up, and makes a very load clicking noise as if its stuck on the rails.
I have swapped the clock and ground wires round in case they where wrong but still nothing.
Could it be a faulty clock
It is powered by its own psu which is working fine, it powers the clock but i am unsure of what the clock out put voltage should be so i dont know if the clock is faulty or not.
The clock and psu where removed from a dead laser machine i purchased then sold the cd player as parts
As i wasnt able to get the clock to work in my player i have put back all the components to original and the player works fine, so its either a faulty trichord clock or i have got something wrong in the wiring process.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The amplitude of the clock signal is probably 5 volts peak to peak. You need to check that with a scope.

Also make sure the clock is of the correct frequency for the player and that you are feeding the signal into the correct points.

If the amplitude is good and the frequency correct then it should work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.