CD player not reading properly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone! New here. :D

I have a Philips FW-C577 5 disc CD changer that has recently been acting up. I don't remember when I got it but I think it's going on about 20 years old. My problem is that the CD player part acts like it's trying to read a disc all of the time, even though there is no disc in the player. I can't get any of the trays to open because it's constantly trying to read "something." Even if I shut whole system off and leave it in demo mode it still continues to do this. Other settings such as Radio or USB yield the same results. This sound is incredibly annoying because it NEVER stops. I took it apart several months ago and was able to get it to work for a short while but now it's doing it again. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Due to it's age I'm wondering if the capacitors are reaching the end of their shelf life. In the past when the CD Player still worked, I noticed that it seemed to be slow when ejecting the tray and reading discs. Any help would be very much appreciated cuz I really like this player. If it helps I can post a video to Youtube of what its doing and link it to here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.