Repairing a Schiit Gungnir

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, my Gungnir DAC started to make some woof sound (well through the speakers, not the box itself) after a power outage (yes everything was on supposedly surge protector).
I know for a fact it is the DAC and not a loop ground because another DAC in the same setup has no issue at all.
I opened the Gungnir (that was a lot of screws) and visually everything looks fine.
Any idea on what to check first ? Out of warranty and no more living in the USA so I have decided to try to fix it myself.

Thanks

If there is not a service center near by or you are dead set on doing it yourself I guess you could try to fix yourself but finding parts could become an issue especially if it is not power related. I would get the scope out and check each stage starting from AC and moving down the chain to see if there are issues with the power. I don't know what the PS is like inside a Gungnir but I imagine all the power related parts could be found at mouser or digikey. My hope is that you are just getting voltage dips that are causing the issue. Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.