Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Marantz CD6004 Digital Out Problem
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2017, 01:11 PM   #1
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz CD6004 Digital Out Problem

Help!

I can't turn the digital out back on I turned it off a couple of years ago. I'm following the procedure in the manual and getting the right display in the menu, but when I "enter" to turn it back on it refuses and "Doff" remains on the display. Has anyone had this problem or has any ideas what to do please? Thanks.
Old 7th December 2017, 01:46 PM   #2
starkeyg is offline starkeyg
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Would try to get to the Marantz tech support forum and see what you can find or get a response from there.
Old 7th December 2017, 01:54 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you, I didn't know there was such a place, do you mean here? Marantz Technical Support - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Old 7th December 2017, 05:13 PM   #4
starkeyg is offline starkeyg
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Yes, I found it several years ago when had some questions. It was on a Marantz corp web page. Don't have a link for you, but google or get on Marantz website and do a search would likely find it.
Old 7th December 2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

I've got the Pearl-Lite which looks similar from the outside. On that it is just a single button click on the remote to turn digital output on or off.

I'm assuming yours is the same... if so have you confirmed the remote is transmitting ?
Old 7th December 2017, 05:38 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

It looks the same, doesn't have digital input. I have to press menu button then navigate with track up and down, it seems to respond in the menu but the "Doff" light in the display stays on and there is no digital output. What is the button called you use?
Old 7th December 2017, 05:44 PM   #7
diyAudio Moderator

This one.

Have you tried disconnecting the mains for a while in case the logic is corrupted in some way ?

Is there any 'supercap' used as a backup to retain user settings ? If so then you could try discharging it to reset everything.

The above are just suggestions as I'm not familiar with the player... but I wouldn't be suspecting a 'real' fault at this stage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RC.JPG (90.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 7th December 2017, 06:06 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I'll try leaving it disconnected. I often switch it off at the mains though. I can't see anything that looks like a super cap. It does mention that it leaves the factory with digital output set to on, so if there is anyway I could reset it to default.........
Old 7th December 2017, 06:11 PM   #9
diyAudio Moderator

Strange problem.

Have a good read at the manual, these type of issues tend not to be real faults in my experience. Unplugging overnight for example should be plenty long enough to resolve any stuck logic.

I'll have a think although nothing immediate comes to mind.
Old 7th December 2017, 06:16 PM   #10
diyAudio Moderator

Just looking at the instruction manual.

Anything to do with having 'Audio EX' modes 1 or 2 selected. That shows digital output as not available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (67.9 KB, 26 views)

Marantz CD6004 Digital Out ProblemHide this!Advertise here!