Cyberhome CH-DVD 452 (DVD452) - Screen and St-By Light goes blank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Basically, this is based on a defective switching power supply. But on my two devices of the same model power supply provides all voltages with correct values (all electrolytic capacitors on the SPS-PCB already replaced).

If I open the tray (drawer) without connecting mains plug in the wall power outlet, closes the tray 5 seconds after plugging in the mains plug, but without lighting up of display and StBy LED and without any command acceptance.

Thus there are still the following possibilities:

1) damaged MPEG audio-video decoder chip
2) faulty local voltage regulation on the MPEG main board
3) RESET procedure necessary (maybe the most likely cause, but I don't find the according instructions)

Maybe this is a known bug of this model and maybe there is a schematic diagram available anywhere.

Thank you very much for advices in advance.

P.S. under
BBK DV718SI SM Service Manual download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics experts
you will find the service manual of BBK's DV718SI, where the same MPEG video-audio decoder is in use (MT1389).
In the flow chart for "Power Not On" troubleshooting on page 34 to page 38 there are helpful advices.
The schematic of the DVD452 from Cyberhome would transform this troubleshooting to an easy task. Unfortunately this schematic I haven't.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.