Stacking SAA 7220 chips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

this is crazy, but is it possible to stack SAA chips, like putting a locic in the data lines that counts the ones and the zeros and decides wether it should be a one or a zero ?

I have noticed that the A Version got bad K5 and good K3 while the B version got bad K3 and good K5.

I have really stacked an A chip onto a B chip but there is silence :(

Or a multiple of two parallel TDA1541s, one driven by a B chip and one by an A chip.

Bernhard said:
Hi,

this is crazy, but is it possible to stack SAA chips, like putting a locic in the data lines that counts the ones and the zeros and decides wether it should be a one or a zero ?

I have noticed that the A Version got bad K5 and good K3 while the B version got bad K3 and good K5.

I have really stacked an A chip onto a B chip but there is silence :(

Or a multiple of two parallel TDA1541s, one driven by a B chip and one by an A chip.

Your last idea should work. The tda's have current output and you can just connect them together. I/V circuit needs to be adopted to take care of the double current.

I am looking into 2x oversampling by delaying the data to one dac (just an experiment for fun) and did the same with the TDA outputs. Was mentioned in the post about the working of the samplerate convertors. Does work, i hear a difference with normal non-os.

Somebody i mailed with gave a comment on the sound difference. In order of preference: A C B with A (oldest) best. But that could be due to jitter performance and not better filter characteristics. :att'n:

Jeezus, look at the clock. i'm :dead: zzzzzzzz

Greetings,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.