Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Using WM8804 with 3-wire I2S (no mclk input)?
Using WM8804 with 3-wire I2S (no mclk input)?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2017, 12:52 AM   #1
matdogg is offline matdogg  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Using WM8804 with 3-wire I2S (no mclk input)?

Hi all,

I'm working on a project where I'd like to convert an i2s output to S/PDIF (via TOSLINK) with the WM8804 transciever chip. Should be fairly straightforward I would think, but my source does not have a master clock output readily available, so I would like to generate the master clock onboard the WM8804 chip.

I believe this is possible, but after digging through the datasheet I don't see anything that specifically addresses using 3-wire i2s input. Anyone familiar with this chip and can help me out? I already have established software control of the chip with an Arduino and it seems to be working well, so I don't need any help on that front.

(edit: Just realized I posted this in the wrong category. Reposting in digital line level. Delete me please)

Last edited by matdogg; 18th November 2017 at 01:17 AM.

Using WM8804 with 3-wire I2S (no mclk input)?Hide this!Advertise here!