Example of a C or assembly program for DSA interface ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2004, 10:09 AM   #1
ZERS is offline ZERS  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LYON
Question Example of a C or assembly program for DSA interface ?

Hi,
I've at least understand how creating from scratch the controller for my CD Player.

As expected, the PIC18F452 will be used.

I've almost completed the LCD and buttons managing programs, but I do not understand how deal with the DSA interface at all !

Does anyone can give me a hand ? A part of a source code will be very helpfull..

Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 11:59 AM   #2
ZERS is offline ZERS  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LYON
nobody
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 01:53 PM   #3
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
BrianGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: near Atlanta, GA
Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
First, clearly understand the first 3 phases of the DSA data communication, detailed here:
http://www.daisy-laser.com/products/...P10501_dsa.pdf
starting on page 6.

Next, if you look at my code (see attached text file), for the send data, it will match what is in the datasheet:
1) Set the tri-state buffers appropiately for sending
2) Run the sync phase (on top of page 7)
3) Send Command, Send Data (on bottom of page 7)
4) Set the tri-state buffers for receiving ack
5) Receive Acknowledgemnet (on top of page 8)

You must follow this procedure exactly for each GetData of SendData sequence. If you skip any parts of this, it simply will not work. If you look over the code, you will see that for every sequence, this is followed.

Let me know if you have any questions. This should get your started. It took me quite a while to understand this and get it working. The first half of this process was locating the correct data to start with, which I detailed above.

Good luck with your project! You can see pictures from my cdpro2 project here:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/cdpro2
along with schematics which may be helpful.

--
Brian
Attached Files
File Type: txt dsa.txt (5.2 KB, 90 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 03:04 PM   #4
ZERS is offline ZERS  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LYON
Thanks a lot BrianGT

I will carefully look into your text file as soon as I'll get back home .

I will probably have questions

I've already visited your website. It helps me in choosing which PIC to use for the controller, altough the PIC16Fxx series will be sufficient

Indeed, I was wondering why you used the AD converter of the PIC for the button, unless you wanted to have more than 8 buttons.

As far as I'm concerned, the controller will only manage 5 buttons (STOP, PAUSE, PLAY, SKIP FWD, SKIP BCK). I would probably not use the AD converter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 07:46 PM   #5
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
BrianGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: near Atlanta, GA
Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Quote:
Originally posted by ZERS
Thanks a lot BrianGT

I will carefully look into your text file as soon as I'll get back home .

I will probably have questions

I've already visited your website. It helps me in choosing which PIC to use for the controller, altough the PIC16Fxx series will be sufficient

Indeed, I was wondering why you used the AD converter of the PIC for the button, unless you wanted to have more than 8 buttons.

As far as I'm concerned, the controller will only manage 5 buttons (STOP, PAUSE, PLAY, SKIP FWD, SKIP BCK). I would probably not use the AD converter.
I used the ADC input to simplify wiring, and make it easily expandable. I have 2 different button boards, and they both with with the same input pin (same firmware as well) (one with 5 buttons, one with 8 buttons). It would easily work with 16 buttons. It has a 10-bit ADC, and if 1% resistors are used, you can easily get 32 button inputs off the single ADC input pin.

--
Brian
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 08:27 PM   #6
ZERS is offline ZERS  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LYON
Quote:
Originally posted by BrianGT


I used the ADC input to simplify wiring, and make it easily expandable. I have 2 different button boards, and they both with with the same input pin (same firmware as well) (one with 5 buttons, one with 8 buttons). It would easily work with 16 buttons. It has a 10-bit ADC, and if 1% resistors are used, you can easily get 32 button inputs off the single ADC input pin.

--
Brian
Please don't make fun of me, but for a french it is quite difficult to understand what ADC is all about. The PIC's datasheet is made of 300 pages of technical english

So I have to read it chapter by chapter in order I hope to understand it.

I use to read english newpapers, but not technical magazines

But I'm not hurry at all. Things will turn out all right...
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2004, 09:48 PM   #7
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
 
BrianGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: near Atlanta, GA
Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Quote:
Originally posted by ZERS


Please don't make fun of me, but for a french it is quite difficult to understand what ADC is all about. The PIC's datasheet is made of 300 pages of technical english

So I have to read it chapter by chapter in order I hope to understand it.

I use to read english newpapers, but not technical magazines

But I'm not hurry at all. Things will turn out all right...
Sorry for the confusion. ADC = Analog-Digital Converter. I thought you would understand, since you wrote AD converter in your post.

--
Brian
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2004, 09:16 AM   #8
ZERS is offline ZERS  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LYON
Quote:
Originally posted by BrianGT


Sorry for the confusion. ADC = Analog-Digital Converter. I thought you would understand, since you wrote AD converter in your post.

--
Brian
Hello Brian,
I did understand what you explained me previously. I know what ADC means.

Sorry if I wasn't clear --- I need to improve my english , ---but
I only wanted to point out that because of all the "technical" terms, I still haven't understand how deal with ADC so far.

I bought yesterday a french book regarding PICs (the 16F84 series) and I hope ADC will be more clearer to me afterwards. The aim is to understand which port to use, and how to program the PIC when using ADC. I belevied interrupts are not available with ADC ?

Should I feel confident, I would try to wire the buttons the way you did
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2004, 04:25 PM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Germany, Clausthal
what about like this?
Attached Files
File Type: txt dsa_***.txt (1.1 KB, 69 views)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B & C DE250 assembly Ed LaFontaine Multi-Way 3 18th August 2008 04:56 PM
The big assembly question! NUTTTR Solid State 7 22nd January 2005 04:36 AM
LM4780 Assembly Thror Chip Amps 1 1st December 2004 08:41 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2