Cdm1 Mkii?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have searched with little results. Please could someone let me know which players have the CDM1 MKII mech? I know Arcam 70.2 and Marantz CD80. Any others?

I have also read conflicting info about using the laser from a CDM4/19 as a repalcement for the laser in the CDM1 MKII? Is this a possibilty and is it only the CDM4s marked COMPOSITE?

Cheers.

>Rotellian

I know a couple of cheap CD players that are equipped with CDM1/MKII but I won't tell you which ones are these.
That is becouse they are very cheap to get and if I tell you which ones are (here,on the forum),then they will got expensive second hand.
Philips CD 650 (CDM 2) and Philips CD 304MKII (first CDM 1) got expensive just becouse some peaple where writing good reviews about them (every body got to know how good they are and what they are equipped with).

Now, getting to your problem:
Laser arm from CDM1/MKII is identical to the one from CDM4/19.
You don't have to look for CDM1/MKII becouse you can just swap CDM4/19 laser/arm in exchange.It will work.

Jean-Paul
This is the same reason I didn't answer to your question about modding Marantz CD65MKII,but offered answering through e-mail.

Bartek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.