Playstation as CD-player

I would like to give some advice, so the PS read CDR.

They should record the CDRs at 4x or even 2x, then check the laser voltage, and the voltage of the PCB.

1º- the first adjustment is made to the Laser Intensity.
The laser should measure 11.4mV if it is little used, if you already have clearances and jumping tracks should increase gradually until you read correctly ...

2º The following should measure the BIAS should be at 1.7V (between common point and mass)

3rd Measure the GAIN, it must be at 1.82V, (the tuning turns in reverse in the GAIN trimer)
This value is obtained with a CD to run at the beginning.

If necessary you can change the laser of the PS 9000 which is newer and works well.

Blink

Hello Guys.
Just got two PlayStation 1 and wanted to use it for audio. One is 1002 with older 4390VM and the other one is 5502 with 4390AVM.
The question is. can i remove 4390AVM chip from my 5502 and solder it to 1002 without changing anything? Also will it increase sound quality somehow.

the second question is about remote controller.
i have remote (part number is SCPH-10420) and receiver SCPH-10160.
The problem is that the remote not works with 1002 model but works with 5502 very good.

What can be problem ? may my remote model is not compatible with 1002 ?

thanks

Attachments

• 20171201_185741.jpg
    20171201_185741.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 467
Artoff, it seem ghat you have to do your lesson (as most who have played with this CD including me) regarding the different models that you name here.
First tip, read 300 pages here!
Second tip, google another 50 pages on the web and last...

Don't think that you can move the chip from 5502 to your 1002 to improve the sound quality, everything with this CD player goes the other way around. Furthermore, the lcd... I can't remember any straigt forward info on how to implement it to your 1002 from any of the pages I did study.

Some how I broke my Mick Modded SCH-1001.

If I turn the PS power off before turning the amp off, there is a considerably loud buzz/hum. When the PS and amp power is on, there is no noise at all.

Any ideas where to look first?

check all the caps on the psu for leaks/damage, maybe some components might 'expired'.
I got a similar prob in an old basement +15yrs dweller 1002.
Changed the fuse and a couple caps and the noise disappeared.

I would not leave it on..