Playstation as CD-player - Page 57 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2006, 09:23 PM   #561
jives11 is offline jives11  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lostcause

I easily picked up 2, one from ebay by just asking the seller, and the second from the small ads...damn cheap too.
It appears that it's only the Germans that are hiking their prices up...at the moment anyway!
I went into my local "GAME" store. I asked if they had any old Playstations and they said they had dozens in the back which they had taken in part exchange over the years. I got the feeling that they had quite a few, though I specified I wanted only one with RCA's.

Worth trying ?
Old 9th January 2006, 09:27 PM   #562
diyAudio Member

Moin Dommi,

you are right, Ive another cd-drive in mind. Controlling the PS1, I have to agree.

@Lostcause: Yes, cause there was a rave review in a magazine and constant promotion from Auditorium 23.

Carsten
Old 9th January 2006, 10:32 PM   #563
Dommi is offline Dommi  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi @all,
i had a little bit of time the last days so i could work a little bit at my PS. I have 6 new Laserunits here. On 5 units the distance between CD clamp and motor is 0,3 mm. Only at one KSM 440 BAM the distance is 0,6 mm. Why ? Because i have a metal clamp. It depens on what metal clamp you have. At my clamp with no holes 0,3 mm it not possible. If you have a clamp with the big holes, or the plastic clamp than 0,3 mm is right.
Than i checked my Bias and Gain Adjust : Values : Bias 1,56 Gain 1,76 V. Now i tryed all units with a verry problematic CD. I know that if the PS is able to play the last tracks of this CD she will play all other CD's too. All laserunits haven't had any problem with the CD.Than i tryed other CD's with same results !
I than measured the lasergain and the results are :

Laserunit AAM 11,4 mV
Laserunit ACM 24,4 mV
Laserunit ADM 24,4 mV
Laserunit BAM 11,4 mV

I was verry bemused because i had one laserunit ACM with 24,4 mV and one with 11,4 mV. ??????????
Than i saw it !!! The lable on the laserunit with 11,4 mV was a fake !!! I saw the guide of the unit is made of plastik !! So the unit is a AAM unit with wrong lable !!! I looked at the HP www.playfidelity.com and i acknowledged my presumption. Look at the pictures below. So my first statment zhaz all units with short kopper cable have 11,4 mV Gain is wrong ! The correct values are shown above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aam_b1klein.jpg (49.3 KB, 1130 views)
Old 9th January 2006, 10:36 PM   #564
diyAudio Member

Anyone has a dead transport?

I just need the pinched gear to make mine working!

BTW, when I got my PSX it was set to the values that were on Mick's website.
Old 9th January 2006, 10:42 PM   #565
diyAudio Member

Here the picture of the original ACM unit. If you have a unit labled ACM but a guide made of plastic, than you have a AAM unit and the lable is only a fake !!

BR Dommi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acm_b1klein.jpg (48.0 KB, 1140 views)
Old 9th January 2006, 10:45 PM   #566
diyAudio Member

and here the picture of the fake !!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aam_b2fake klein.jpg (45.5 KB, 1131 views)
Old 10th January 2006, 07:44 PM   #567
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by jives11

I went into my local "GAME" store. I asked if they had any old Playstations and they said they had dozens in the back which they had taken in part exchange over the years. I got the feeling that they had quite a few, though I specified I wanted only one with RCA's.

Worth trying ?

Got to be worth a try jives, though they will probably want more than an unsuspecting e-bayer......no harm in asking though?

Lee
Old 10th January 2006, 10:12 PM   #568
jives11 is offline jives11  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a pho

Quote:
Originally posted by Lostcause

Got to be worth a try jives, though they will probably want more than an unsuspecting e-bayer......no harm in asking though?

Lee
I was charged 9.97 (!?) for an SCPH 1002 + one controller + UHF connector. I got the feeling that the price was made up at the descretion on the local store manager
Old 11th January 2006, 08:35 AM   #569
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a pho

Quote:
Originally posted by jives11

I was charged 9.97 (!?) for an SCPH 1002 + one controller + UHF connector. I got the feeling that the price was made up at the descretion on the local store manager
Not that bad really, it's about what I paid...in fact both of mine were more including the delivery costs.
Nice one!
9.97!!!...Salesmen! If he'd said a tenner you would have taken it anyway!

Lee
Old 22nd January 2006, 12:52 PM   #570
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to AnthonyPT
Hi

Both my 1002 PS1 playstations seem to have bits missing
from the central spindle. It seems to be a habit of Sony Units
with ball bearing clamps to shed bit of plastic. How critical
is it? They seem very light bits of material and I wonder
how badly spindle balance is upset. Otherwise tracking on
both units seems good. At AUD$39 each they did not break the bank.

Regards

AnthonyPT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ps1_1002_missing edge.jpg (5.5 KB, 968 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!