Playstation as CD-player - Page 56 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 08:49 PM   #551
jives11 is offline jives11  Europe
diyAudio Member
 
jives11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hampshire
Default Re: ps 7002

Quote:
Originally posted by audio1st
Here is a photo of the output of a 7002. There are no components under the board so it is easier to follow. I will be connecting onto the pads by pins 11 & 12, removing the 4, 10uf caps, connecting staight to new RCA's via the same caps as I used on previous PS's (models 1002 & 5552), and seeing how it sounds in comparison.

It is also easy to see the output stage and I have marked the outputs, L, R and G after this section.


Ps, is there a way to have switches on the PS to control Play, Stop, Prev and Next?
At the moment I just use remote, built in to the case thanks to Micks website, but wondered if there is a way to have onboard switches? A cct diagram with pin connections?

Thanks...
Thats quite a different beast isn't it ? The DAC has 4 less legs and the output is much simplified. Mind you, you can see the ceramic PSU bypass caps very clearly.

I guess you could gut a controller to figure out which buttons perfom which functions, then put in some small switches at the player end. I just use a Ģ5 remote I got from ebay which plugs in the controller slot. Looks butt ugly but does the job
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2006, 10:59 PM   #552
diyAudio Member
 
carawu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally posted by Dommi
OK,
i measured 3 untouched new laserunits. We have to define how to measure. I think the best way to measure is to push the feeler gauge until it reaches the motor spindle while pushing the clamp down to prevent slackness of the motor.
____________________________


Sorry to disturb, but thatīs the wrong way IMHO. Why?
If we push the clamp, we put the slackness of different motorīs into the measurement. Have you ever seen, that the motor in use moves the clamp up or down? Thereīs a magnetic field inside the motor, which "centers" the slackness.
If the distance Laser-Clamp is the goal, we have to measure like pieroh/Peter shows it, the slackness of the motor is out of the measuremnt this way.
Hope I make it clear.

Carsten
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 08:05 AM   #553
Dommi is offline Dommi  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Frankfurt
Quote:
Originally posted by carawu
Originally posted by Dommi
OK,
i measured 3 untouched new laserunits. We have to define how to measure. I think the best way to measure is to push the feeler gauge until it reaches the motor spindle while pushing the clamp down to prevent slackness of the motor.
____________________________


Sorry to disturb, but thatīs the wrong way IMHO. Why?
If we push the clamp, we put the slackness of different motorīs into the measurement. Have you ever seen, that the motor in use moves the clamp up or down? Thereīs a magnetic field inside the motor, which "centers" the slackness.
If the distance Laser-Clamp is the goal, we have to measure like pieroh/Peter shows it, the slackness of the motor is out of the measuremnt this way.
Hope I make it clear.

Carsten
Hi Carsten,
i know what you mean, but i think you are wrong. First: it's verry difficult to measure the distance without lifting the clamp. Second : If the motor is not powerded, the spindle moves down until the stop. Pushing the clamp is only to prevent lifting it. You can't push it more than it fall down whan not powerded.
If someone is able to measure the gap without pushing the clamp, and without to lift it, ok. More important is to assign if we want to measure until we reach the spindle or only on the verge. I think the better way is to measure until we reach the spindle because some clamps on the verge are warped.

BR Dommi
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 10:56 AM   #554
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: crete
Default Re: ps 7002

Quote:
Originally posted by audio1st
Here is a photo of the output of a 7002. There are no components under the board so it is easier to follow. I will be connecting onto the pads by pins 11 & 12, removing the 4, 10uf caps, connecting staight to new RCA's via the same caps as I used on previous PS's (models 1002 & 5552), and seeing how it sounds in comparison.

It is also easy to see the output stage and I have marked the outputs, L, R and G after this section.


Ps, is there a way to have switches on the PS to control Play, Stop, Prev and Next?
At the moment I just use remote, built in to the case thanks to Micks website, but wondered if there is a way to have onboard switches? A cct diagram with pin connections?

Thanks...
from what i have read the 7002 don`t sound good.
the models that worth the effort are 1002 5002 and 5502
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2006, 12:28 PM   #555
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Zealand
Default How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Hi

I want to buy a early Playstation One model SCPH1000 from ebay here in Australia but most of the players for sale don't list the model number, only displaying a photo (top view, not rear view) of the player for sale.
From what I've read the SCPH1000 is the only Playstation model that has RCA plugs at the rear. Is there any other features on the front/top of the player (different buttons, labels etc) that will help me identify the SCPH1000 from the photo rather than e-mailing the seller for the model number?

thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2006, 01:05 PM   #556
diyAudio Member
 
audio1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Foxton, CAMBS..
Default Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus1
Hi

I want to buy a early Playstation One model SCPH1000 from ebay here in Australia but most of the players for sale don't list the model number, only displaying a photo (top view, not rear view) of the player for sale.
From what I've read the SCPH1000 is the only Playstation model that has RCA plugs at the rear. Is there any other features on the front/top of the player (different buttons, labels etc) that will help me identify the SCPH1000 from the photo rather than e-mailing the seller for the model number?

thanks

Hi Marcus,
I think that on the early PS, the open button and the power button have OPEN and POWER on them, latter PS's have symbols.

Hope this helps, Barry..
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2006, 01:11 PM   #557
diyAudio Member
 
mpmarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Crunchville, where I don't fit in.
Default Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by audio1st



Hi Marcus,
I think that on the early PS, the open button and the power button have OPEN and POWER on them, latter PS's have symbols.

Hope this helps, Barry..
Unfortunately..


I have a 7501 and a 9001 here that both are labeled 'open' and 'power'. I haven't been lucky enough to grab the right one yet either


.....the kids are having fun anyway
__________________
Crazy Yankee.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2006, 01:21 PM   #558
diyAudio Member
 
audio1st's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Foxton, CAMBS..
Default Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by mpmarino


Unfortunately..


I have a 7501 and a 9001 here that both are labeled 'open' and 'power'. I haven't been lucky enough to grab the right one yet either


.....the kids are having fun anyway

No way to no then..
I think it has got to a point where if it were a 1002, 1001, then the seller will be making a point of it and hiking the price up..
Barry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 05:07 PM   #559
kec is offline kec  United States
diyAudio Member
 
kec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: California
Quote:
I want to buy a early Playstation One model SCPH1000 from ebay here in Australia but most of the players for sale don't list the model number, only displaying a photo (top view, not rear view) of the player for sale.
Why not ask the seller? I've done this several times and received quick responses. Just tell them where the model number is located. Or, you could ask them if there are RCA connectors on the back.

-Ken
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2006, 08:56 PM   #560
diyAudio Member
 
Lostcause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NW UK
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by audio1st



No way to no then..
I think it has got to a point where if it were a 1002, 1001, then the seller will be making a point of it and hiking the price up..
Barry.
I easily picked up 2, one from ebay by just asking the seller, and the second from the small ads...damn cheap too.
It appears that it's only the Germans that are hiking their prices up...at the moment anyway!
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Playstation CD Player Beau Digital Source 2 19th March 2004 07:59 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Đ1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2