Playstation as CD-player - Page 56 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2006, 08:49 PM   #551
jives11 is offline jives11  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Re: ps 7002

Quote:
Originally posted by audio1st
Here is a photo of the output of a 7002. There are no components under the board so it is easier to follow. I will be connecting onto the pads by pins 11 & 12, removing the 4, 10uf caps, connecting staight to new RCA's via the same caps as I used on previous PS's (models 1002 & 5552), and seeing how it sounds in comparison.

It is also easy to see the output stage and I have marked the outputs, L, R and G after this section.

Ps, is there a way to have switches on the PS to control Play, Stop, Prev and Next?
At the moment I just use remote, built in to the case thanks to Micks website, but wondered if there is a way to have onboard switches? A cct diagram with pin connections?

Thanks...
Thats quite a different beast isn't it ? The DAC has 4 less legs and the output is much simplified. Mind you, you can see the ceramic PSU bypass caps very clearly.

I guess you could gut a controller to figure out which buttons perfom which functions, then put in some small switches at the player end. I just use a Ģ5 remote I got from ebay which plugs in the controller slot. Looks butt ugly but does the job
Old 6th January 2006, 10:59 PM   #552
diyAudio Member

Originally posted by Dommi
OK,
i measured 3 untouched new laserunits. We have to define how to measure. I think the best way to measure is to push the feeler gauge until it reaches the motor spindle while pushing the clamp down to prevent slackness of the motor.

Sorry to disturb, but thatīs the wrong way IMHO. Why?
If we push the clamp, we put the slackness of different motorīs into the measurement. Have you ever seen, that the motor in use moves the clamp up or down? Thereīs a magnetic field inside the motor, which "centers" the slackness.
If the distance Laser-Clamp is the goal, we have to measure like pieroh/Peter shows it, the slackness of the motor is out of the measuremnt this way.
Hope I make it clear.

Carsten
Old 7th January 2006, 08:05 AM   #553
Dommi is offline Dommi  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by carawu
Originally posted by Dommi
OK,
i measured 3 untouched new laserunits. We have to define how to measure. I think the best way to measure is to push the feeler gauge until it reaches the motor spindle while pushing the clamp down to prevent slackness of the motor.

Sorry to disturb, but thatīs the wrong way IMHO. Why?
If we push the clamp, we put the slackness of different motorīs into the measurement. Have you ever seen, that the motor in use moves the clamp up or down? Thereīs a magnetic field inside the motor, which "centers" the slackness.
If the distance Laser-Clamp is the goal, we have to measure like pieroh/Peter shows it, the slackness of the motor is out of the measuremnt this way.
Hope I make it clear.

Carsten
Hi Carsten,
i know what you mean, but i think you are wrong. First: it's verry difficult to measure the distance without lifting the clamp. Second : If the motor is not powerded, the spindle moves down until the stop. Pushing the clamp is only to prevent lifting it. You can't push it more than it fall down whan not powerded.
If someone is able to measure the gap without pushing the clamp, and without to lift it, ok. More important is to assign if we want to measure until we reach the spindle or only on the verge. I think the better way is to measure until we reach the spindle because some clamps on the verge are warped.

BR Dommi
Old 7th January 2006, 10:56 AM   #554
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member

Default Re: ps 7002

Quote:
Here is a photo of the output of a 7002. There are no components under the board so it is easier to follow. I will be connecting onto the pads by pins 11 & 12, removing the 4, 10uf caps, connecting staight to new RCA's via the same caps as I used on previous PS's (models 1002 & 5552), and seeing how it sounds in comparison.

It is also easy to see the output stage and I have marked the outputs, L, R and G after this section.

Ps, is there a way to have switches on the PS to control Play, Stop, Prev and Next?
At the moment I just use remote, built in to the case thanks to Micks website, but wondered if there is a way to have onboard switches? A cct diagram with pin connections?

Thanks...
from what i have read the 7002 don`t sound good.
the models that worth the effort are 1002 5002 and 5502
Old 8th January 2006, 12:28 PM   #555
diyAudio Member

Default How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Hi

I want to buy a early Playstation One model SCPH1000 from ebay here in Australia but most of the players for sale don't list the model number, only displaying a photo (top view, not rear view) of the player for sale.
From what I've read the SCPH1000 is the only Playstation model that has RCA plugs at the rear. Is there any other features on the front/top of the player (different buttons, labels etc) that will help me identify the SCPH1000 from the photo rather than e-mailing the seller for the model number?

thanks
Old 8th January 2006, 01:05 PM   #556
diyAudio Member

Default Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by marcus1
Hi

I want to buy a early Playstation One model SCPH1000 from ebay here in Australia but most of the players for sale don't list the model number, only displaying a photo (top view, not rear view) of the player for sale.
From what I've read the SCPH1000 is the only Playstation model that has RCA plugs at the rear. Is there any other features on the front/top of the player (different buttons, labels etc) that will help me identify the SCPH1000 from the photo rather than e-mailing the seller for the model number?

thanks

Hi Marcus,
I think that on the early PS, the open button and the power button have OPEN and POWER on them, latter PS's have symbols.

Hope this helps, Barry..
Old 8th January 2006, 01:11 PM   #557
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:

Hi Marcus,
I think that on the early PS, the open button and the power button have OPEN and POWER on them, latter PS's have symbols.

Hope this helps, Barry..
Unfortunately..

I have a 7501 and a 9001 here that both are labeled 'open' and 'power'. I haven't been lucky enough to grab the right one yet either

.....the kids are having fun anyway
Old 8th January 2006, 01:21 PM   #558
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:
Originally posted by mpmarino

Unfortunately..

I have a 7501 and a 9001 here that both are labeled 'open' and 'power'. I haven't been lucky enough to grab the right one yet either

.....the kids are having fun anyway

No way to no then..
I think it has got to a point where if it were a 1002, 1001, then the seller will be making a point of it and hiking the price up..
Barry.
Old 9th January 2006, 05:07 PM   #559
kec is offline kec  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Why not ask the seller? I've done this several times and received quick responses. Just tell them where the model number is located. Or, you could ask them if there are RCA connectors on the back.

-Ken
Old 9th January 2006, 08:56 PM   #560
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: How to identify the playstation model SCPH1000 from a photo?

Quote:

No way to no then..
I think it has got to a point where if it were a 1002, 1001, then the seller will be making a point of it and hiking the price up..
Barry.
I easily picked up 2, one from ebay by just asking the seller, and the second from the small ads...damn cheap too.
It appears that it's only the Germans that are hiking their prices up...at the moment anyway!

Hide this!Advertise here!