Playstation as CD-player - Page 277 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2012, 12:24 PM   #2761
diyAudio Member

@Masud

You claim that "Manfred" doesent know what he is doing ." How can you say that? Do you know Manfred in person and his profession? Probably not, otherwise you wouldn´t make such an improper comment.

For all of us is the PS1 modding just a hobby we have fun with. We must also not be taught by voodoo priests.
Everyone makes their own experiences and share them with fellows. We must not compare our results with a COMMERCIAL PROVIDER who pursues other objectives.

Manfred´s web page is just for handicraft´s, nothing else.

I really think you are a bit annoyed by someone who share´s his experience and does professional work in his spare time. By the way, in this forum the most people just add some foil capaciators and resistors and mod the psu. Why dont you go on at those guys? I think we both know the answer and haven´t got to discuss this issue in a diy forum.

All I wanted was, sharing a nice DIY webpage, which is probably the background of diyaudio forum.
Old 18th September 2012, 01:26 PM   #2762
Banned

Hi PG2005,
I can this see on the address in my browser.
The address you have linked to above.
that is, but German Manfred, right?
on my Browser standing German Manfred!
and to Impressum for this page standing Manfred.
I think this is de Page from Mr. Manfred
you look
http://www.deutschermanfred.de/

regards Masud
Old 18th September 2012, 01:48 PM   #2763
diyAudio Member

Yes Masud,

Mr. Manfred Feinste ANALOGE Klangeigenschaften! Playstation 1 SCPH-1002 High End CD Player deutschermanfred.de

I don't know if you might ment someone else.

I really think he did a really nice job and that he share's his experince with others for free.

I didn't wanted to compare anything with the web page you advised. Those are totally different intrests.

I have many respect of people who does such nice work.

Anyway many respect and honor to Edi and Manfred they both does some really nice work. But i do not want to spend nearly 7 - 10 grand for a Playstation.
Old 18th September 2012, 03:21 PM   #2764
Banned

Default Playstation as CD-player

PG2005,
it does not matter, about what the DIY has tried for the last 20 years on the PS1, and whether Manfred can making for $ 130 a high-end player.
I think not, high end for $ 130 remains a dream I'm wrote Mr.Manfred have a nice Page and that's my opinion.

We have 2012 and international freedom of expression.

To me it is more about fascination with technology, what's possible. And when I see these data and this Disign from Tet Computerspezials, which for me is the art. It does not matter if you can afford it or not,
the people should know that it has been out there making.
This is freedom of opinion and education.
whether it ever making can will the reader, it does not matter.
The Germans have good engineers and technical, you can be proud.
This shows the data
http://tet-computerspezials.de/9.html

And now let us discuss again from PS1

regards Masud
Old 20th September 2012, 08:27 PM   #2765
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pg2005 View Post
Is it possible to install a status LED so I know when the player is ready to play?

I went thru the whole thread today but I could not find anything.
Hello Pg2005,
you see the Picture,
TET-Computerspezials have from 2007 the Status-LED
without the Sony startsound.
It must go.
gretings Masud

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 20th September 2012, 09:03 PM   #2766
Banned

can anyone translate the text under the picture,
thanks Masud

of this Site under the picture with the LED

V - max. 4,9 V ~ eff. - Tet-Computerspezials

"Die TET-Plexiportlösung an einem Rohling EVO V B/P/1 (Dominikus Basic) mit der 2007 bei TET entwickelten taktenden Betriebsstatusanzeige-LED verfügbar seit der Entwicklung von EVO II, für uns Techniker im Hause TET hat diese LED eine reine Diagnosefunktion."
Old 21st September 2012, 04:06 PM   #2767
diyAudio Member

I think he just tried to explain the status LED.
wrapped up in a long sentence.

Plexi Port means nothing else than the blue plexiglas front where the ports were before.

Many things are just blabla

Next try i will use 4x 4.7uF MKP and parallel 10uf MKT capaciators at the output stage.

Has anyone the electrical shematics for the PS1? Not PSU. Just the board.

The startsound you can switch off on the bios. Some nice vids on youtube. PS1 bios hack.

The status led is just a gimmik to tell when the cd is ready to play.
Cant be nothing special.

I just disassembled my laser unit and cleaned it carefully. Works brilliant now with any kind of cd.

I found also out how to smoother the sound of the cd unit. But this one is not even nescessary. Because the PS1 is already quiet. No capaciators needed at the brushed motors and at the bias. But it sounds goof if you want to have something different compare to others.

I have a DC DC transformer 5V up to 12V built in and two burr brown soic OPA2134. With the right resistors 39K in the output stage like on Feinste ANALOGE Klangeigenschaften! Playstation 1 SCPH-1002 High End CD Player deutschermanfred.de but you have to ask Mr. Manfred which one would be right. It is up to the OP Amplifier what resistor you have to use.

In fact, I heard it against an thorens cd player, so what should i say?

My PS1 was killing this thorens cd with an external DA transformer.

So what do you think?
Old 21st September 2012, 06:59 PM   #2768
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pg2005 View Post

Many things are just blabla
hi Pg2005, i thank for your loveless translation,

yes I think like you,

Yes it true without the modifications from Mr. Helmle tet computerspezials have would still the audio version of the PS1 1.06 V ~ output Power, also your. Many people have benefited from it.
As Mr. Helmle 2006 announced, that the qualities is in the power output, but nobody wanted to believe at that time.

best regards Masud

Last edited by masud; 21st September 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 21st September 2012, 11:53 PM   #2769
ichiban is offline ichiban  United States
space charged
diyAudio Member

"Die TET-Plexiportlösung an einem Rohling EVO V B/P/1 (Dominikus Basic) mit der 2007 bei TET entwickelten taktenden Betriebsstatusanzeige-LED verfügbar seit der Entwicklung von EVO II, für uns Techniker im Hause TET hat diese LED eine reine Diagnosefunktion."

...from g00gl3..translate....

"The TET Plexiportlösung on a blank EVO VB/P/1 (Dominic Basic) developed in 2007 at the TET-clocking operation status LED available since the development of EVO II, for our in-house technicians TET this LED has a purely diagnostic function."

Old 22nd September 2012, 10:48 AM   #2770
Banned

Hi ichicban,
thank you, but is Google translations from German to English is a chaos.

I found a interesting article on the web.
I try also to download the pictures

gretings Masud

#94 Re: SCPH 1002 Modifizieren zum Highend Player
Cochise Geschrieben am: 1.9.2011 7:02:18
@ Indianer,
in einem Punkt kann ich dir widerspruchslos zustimmen…..

>> Und das SCHÖNSTE ist, es kommen immer neue Erfindungen, äh Verkaufsagumente hinzu. Mit jeder neuen Erfindung gibt es gewaltige Verbesserungen der Klangqualität, und das seit 2006. Irgendwann müssen die Geräte doch explodieren vor lauter Klangverbesserungen. <<

…… aber da hasste das „r“ bei Verkaufsargumente vergessen.

Zur Vergegenwärtigung der Positionen siehe Bilder. (Bild 1 und 2 sind rein symbolisch zur Darstellung der Messpunkte da unter den Lesern sicherlich auch Laien sind. (die Opamps wurden von uns absichtlich abgedeckt)

Gemessen am ausgangsseitigem Opamp eines SCPH-1000 Board's mit EVO II (*) Überarbeitung einer 3,1 Kg schweren Cochise – 1000 Virginia der ersten Baureihe, ALLE Ansteuerwiderstände der Ausgangsstufe entsprechen Erst/Originalbestückungssollwerten (**).
Wohlgemerkt erst nach dem EVO II-Programm benennen wir die PlayStation hochmodifiziert.
(*) EVO II ist ein von TET auf reinen Audiobetrieb modifiziertes PS1 Mainboard, ALLE für den Audiobetrieb unrelevanten Sektionen wurden abgeschaltet und im Anschluss entfernt.
(**) SMD-Ansteuerwiderstände müssen auf rechts/links Pegelspreizung geprüft werden. Eventuell müssen sie gegen auf Gleichheit selektierte ausgetauscht werden, da bei 18 k auch bei den üblichen 1 % Toleranzen +/- ist 2 x 180 Ohm zwischen den Kanälen theoretisch bis 360 Ohm Unterschied die bei einem einzigen rechts/links-Widerstandspaar auftreten könnte, tatsächlich liegen die Werte sogar oft über der Toleranz. Bei den 11er Boards sind es ein 10 k Paar und drei 18 k Paare, die für die Ansteuerung beider Kanäle ausschlaggebend sind. Der Folgefehler der auf der Strecke bis zum Ausgang bei zu großer rechts/links-Spreizung dann bei einer zusätzlichen Leistungssteigerung entsteht wäre ohne Korrektur hörbar.

Bild 1 Unterseite Mainboard Ausgangsstufe Dual-Opamp

1 = OUT A = 2497 mV ~ bei 1000 Hz 0 dB
2 = - IN A = rechtes Signal
3 = + IN A = + 3670 mV –-
4 = V – = GND

5 = V+ 7300 mV --
6 = - IN B = linkes Signal
7 = OUT B = 2497 mV ~ bei 1000 Hz 0dB

8 = + IN B = + 3670 mV --

Bild 2 Oberseite Mainboard DAC und Ausgangstufe

L = Ausgang Wandler linker Kanal (1463 mV ~) 1380 mV ~ bei 1000 Hz 0 dB
R = Ausgang Wandler rechter Kanal (1463 mV ~) 1380 mV ~ bei 1000 Hz 0 dB

Wir bei TET-Computerspezials denken schon dass dies doch eine Steigerung bedeutet es handelt sich hier immerhin um ganze 374 mV ~ wohlgemerkt ALLEIN am Wandler bzw. an der empfindlichsten Stelle des Signals, und deshalb wären es eigentlich 1463 mV ~ aber wie es halt an dieser empfindlichen Stelle nun mal ist fällt die Spannung beim ansetzen der Messnadel um 83 mV ~ ab, siehe Messprotokoll. Aber streiten wir wegen der 83 mV ~ nicht rum, uns genügt wenn wir wissen das bei uns am Wandler schon fast so viel anliegt wie bei Indio an den Cinchbuchsen. Den Rest besorgen die, wie war das noch? Die „Impedanzwandler“ und wenn wir wollen wäre da nach oben sogar noch Potential. Und wir sprechen hier erstmal über EVO II, dabei ist EVO III durch und kann nach dem Stresstest in ein paar Wochen ihren einjährigen Testlauf/Endspurt bei unseren Testern im Bundesgebiet antreten. Mehr möchten wir zu EVO III bis zur Übergabe eines Endgerätes an ? aus verständlichen Gründen noch nicht erwähnen.

Bild 3 Messung der Ausgangsleistung Ausgangsstufe bei 1000 Hz 0 dB

Bild 4 Messung der Ausgangsfrequenz 1000 Hz

Bild 5 Messung der Ausgangsleistung am DAC bei 1000 Hz 0 dB

Bild 6 Messung der Netzspannung Abgleichsdarstellung

Bild 7 Messung der Netzfrequenz Abgleichsdarstellung

PS. Falls Interesse besteht eine ähnliche Aufführung der Messdaten vom Testaufbau einer Zwischenversion EVO II zu Stufe III, einfach melden. Dieses Gerät wurde probehalber mit zwei BB2134UA umgerüstet und hat eine Ausgangsleistung von 2670 mV ~ bei 1000 Hz 0 dB, bzw. oder hängen wir doch Bild 8 noch mit an.

Sollten Zweifel bestehen, bitte rechtzeitig voranmelden und vorbei kommen, dazu bitte gültigen Ausweis mitbringen da wir das Ganze dokumentieren werden.
Eure eigene PlayStation gerne modifiziert zu vergleichen ist selbstverständlich auch willkommen.
Ausdrücklich erwünscht ist, dass das eigene Multimeter mitgebracht wird, und eine Frequenz-CD 1000 Hz 0 dB, wir möchten nicht dass im Anschluss behauptet wird unsere Messinstrumente wären präpariert.
Diese Einladung gilt natürlich nicht für den $-Indianer und zwei weitere Stammesmitglieder Grünwald und Schlüter.
In diesem Sinne Grüße nach Ascheberg.
Cochise by TET

Hide this!Advertise here!