Playstation as CD-player - Page 262 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2011, 10:58 PM   #2611
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkujöpö View Post
Don't know nothing about eproms.But a simple delay relay at the DAC output would make it silent at the start up.
Olá, acho que podemos falar na língua de Camões, agradecia muito a ajuda na montagem deste relay, seria um tipo de atraso quando ligo a PS?

Cumpts
Old 28th April 2011, 02:55 PM   #2612
diyAudio Member

I found some 2.5'' LCD's on ebay, be nice once there gutted down i'm sure and there only £10 so might be worth a look. 10 days shipping from China.

Tried some Limpbizkit and feels like i was there seeing it live really is coming out to you is the only way i can describe it.

If there was a way to stop that loading music be great

When people have the buttons on there for play stop etc are they using the remote hard wired in or something?

Last edited by Pjalchemist; 28th April 2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 28th April 2011, 04:49 PM   #2613
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjalchemist View Post
I found some 2.5'' LCD's on ebay, be nice once there gutted down i'm sure and there only £10 so might be worth a look. 10 days shipping from China.

Tried some Limpbizkit and feels like i was there seeing it live really is coming out to you is the only way i can describe it.

If there was a way to stop that loading music be great

When people have the buttons on there for play stop etc are they using the remote hard wired in or something?
Hello, do not advise the size LCD 2.5 ", I have the 3.5 " and find it a bit unreadable, this border, the ideal would be to 4.3.

The buttons on my PS is a former command by wire, stripped everything and just took the plug where it binds and the chip board, unsolder the contacts where I wanted and I put a bare circuit board.
Old 28th April 2011, 04:52 PM   #2614
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink_PT View Post
Hello, do not advise the size LCD 2.5 ", I have the 3.5 " and find it a bit unreadable, this border, the ideal would be to 4.3.

The buttons on my PS is a former command by wire, stripped everything and just took the plug where it binds and the chip board, unsolder the contacts where I wanted and I put a bare circuit board.
I was thinking of keeping the current case and just rehousing the new PSU in a nicer looking case hense the size of the LCD. Not really wanting too see a lot just know the tracks.

So are there set buttons on the controler that do certan functions
Old 28th April 2011, 05:05 PM   #2615
diyAudio Member

To use the command keys with Shock does not, only the old command, bind only the contacts Select, Start, R1, R2, L1 and L2.

To this must be the LCD remote control with IR receiver.
Old 28th April 2011, 06:04 PM   #2616
diyAudio Member

Whats the best caps then to use for the output to the RCA's? I'll look on eBay and get them ordered so i can then workout my placement of them
Old 28th April 2011, 06:35 PM   #2617
Puffin is offline Puffin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Depends on the rest of the system and the level of bass required. If you use between 2.2uf and 4.7uf, it should be ok.

Polypropylene caps are good for this. However if you are intending to fit them as per dogbreath's mods (i.e not moving the RCA's to the outside of the case) then Poly's will be much too large and you may have to use Wima's or something small.
Old 28th April 2011, 07:19 PM   #2618
diyAudio Member

Happy to move them where ever. I've got way to much on sadly to sit down and properly play with it and will be looking for someone to do the mods for me @ cost.

I'm happy to order all the parts in so it's there ready to go and im an addict on ebay.

4.7uf is there any set voltage? The PSU bay will be free but also happy to use caps externaly to add style
Old 28th April 2011, 08:12 PM   #2619
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Hey Puffin,

Do you have any pictures or other detailed info on the process of adding the larger Poly Caps ?

Last edited by bcmbob; 28th April 2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 29th April 2011, 08:23 AM   #2620
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink_PT View Post
Olá, acho que podemos falar na língua de Camões, agradecia muito a ajuda na montagem deste relay, seria um tipo de atraso quando ligo a PS?

Cumpts
Better to stick with English...

One way to make the delay is with ne555 timer (needs only few additional components) and relays shunting to ground for example.I have seen few different ways to connect the muting relays,so better to check that before.Beware of "pop" sound when the relay opens/closes.

Yep,the timer would mute the player at start-up for the time needed.

Last edited by pikkujöpö; 29th April 2011 at 08:26 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!