Audigy - digital out problem. Help! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2004, 03:03 AM   #1
dOOMZ is offline dOOMZ  Abu Dhabi
diyAudio Member

Default Audigy - digital out problem. Help!

Hello. I need your help!
I just bought a home theater receiver - Marantz SR7000 which I want to use digitally by connecting my soundcard - Audigy 1 through digital out to it. The setup is correct I believe (Sound card -> Mini to RCA adapter -> Coaxial cable from this adapter to the receiver) but despite of all my efforts I have no sound from the receiver; the receiver display shows NO DATA for the Digital IN input where the sound card is connected. Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong?
I played with all creative settings: digital output only is checked, tried all SPDIF rates from AudioHQ, etc, etc... always no effect, same silence and NO DATA. Tried different software players.... same nothing.
The recevier Digital In is working, I connected (using same cable too) a CD player which worked perfect. So, please, can anybody help me?! Did you encountered some similar problems? Can you at least direct me to some answers...
Thank you,
Serban
Old 29th March 2004, 06:52 AM   #2
Alien8 is offline Alien8  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Serban

Maybe you need to adjust a setting on the receiver....
Or check the audigy help file for the proper way to connect the spdif outs. If I remember correctly the spdif out was a hp stereo jack...

HTH
Old 29th March 2004, 08:36 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I think I remembered reading somewhere that the voltage on the SoundBlaster SPDIF is incorrect, rather, not the same as the SPDIF standard. I think that was on the first cards like the Live, but may be something to research.
Old 29th March 2004, 10:12 AM   #4
diyAudio Retiree

Default Audigy-manual. Read!

The Audigy 2 digital out jack is for 6 channel digital audio and is a four pole connector. You might want to see if they or doing something similar for your card. When all else fails read the instructions. Or www.creative.com/support/

The digital audio output level for the older Creative lab board is fine is use it all the time.
Old 6th April 2004, 07:11 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default i am having the same problem

hey there bro.
unfortunately i am having the same problem with my card
its very bad that you are paying lots of bucks to a card and a reciever and it aint workin properly....
please tell me if you can find a way to handle this problem...
yours sincerely
Old 7th April 2004, 04:24 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

My Audigy 2 card has a 9 volt P-P output! I put about 500 ohms in series to attenuate the signal a bit.

Stu
Old 7th April 2004, 05:41 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by maczrool
[B]My Audigy 2 card has a 9 volt P-P output! I put about 500 ohms in series to attenuate the signal a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Creative seems to think they can set any standard they want. The digital output is one of the worst I have seen, and way over on voltage output. The spdif standard is 0.5V.

If the output is TTL, you may need a TTLL-SPDIF convertor. The fact is, computer people calls everything spdif it seems!
Old 7th April 2004, 07:27 PM   #8
diyAudio Retiree

Talking Stop you guys are killing me!!!!

"My Audigy 2 card has a 9 volt P-P output!"

"If the output is TTL, you may need a TTLL-SPDIF convertor."

Just when I stop hurting after my surgery enough to stop taking pain killers, you guys come along with this and make me laugh till I hurt again! You are both as confused as barking birds.

What "medication" are you guys on?
Old 7th April 2004, 08:08 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Stop you guys are killing me!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Dieckmann
"My Audigy 2 card has a 9 volt P-P output!"

"If the output is TTL, you may need a TTLL-SPDIF convertor."

Just when I stop hurting after my surgery enough to stop taking pain killers, you guys come along with this and make me laugh till I hurt again! You are both as confused as barking birds.

What "medication" are you guys on?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't you check your facts before you get obnoxious. My Audigy card does give a dc biased wave of sorts, and yes the pk-pk voltage is much much higher than standard.

May be it is you who is on the wrong medication.

Old 7th April 2004, 08:12 PM   #10
Bricolo is offline Bricolo  France
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Stop you guys are killing me!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by fmak

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't you check your facts before you get obnoxious. My Audigy card does give a dc biased wave of sorts, and yes the pk-pk voltage is much much higher than standard.

May be it is you who is on the wrong medication.

I think what he meant is that 9V pp isn't TTL at all

Hide this!Advertise here!