Audigy - digital out problem. Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. I need your help!:)
I just bought a home theater receiver - Marantz SR7000 which I want to use digitally by connecting my soundcard - Audigy 1 through digital out to it. The setup is correct I believe (Sound card -> Mini to RCA adapter -> Coaxial cable from this adapter to the receiver) but despite of all my efforts I have no sound from the receiver; the receiver display shows NO DATA for the Digital IN input where the sound card is connected. Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong?
I played with all creative settings: digital output only is checked, tried all SPDIF rates from AudioHQ, etc, etc... always no effect, same silence and NO DATA. Tried different software players.... same nothing.
The recevier Digital In is working, I connected (using same cable too) a CD player which worked perfect. So, please, can anybody help me?! Did you encountered some similar problems? Can you at least direct me to some answers...
Thank you,
Serban

maczrool said:
My Audigy 2 card has a 9 volt P-P output! I put about 500 ohms in series to attenuate the signal a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Creative seems to think they can set any standard they want. The digital output is one of the worst I have seen, and way over on voltage output. The spdif standard is 0.5V.

If the output is TTL, you may need a TTLL-SPDIF convertor. The fact is, computer people calls everything spdif it seems!

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Stop you guys are killing me!!!!

"My Audigy 2 card has a 9 volt P-P output!"

"If the output is TTL, you may need a TTLL-SPDIF convertor."

Just when I stop hurting after my surgery enough to stop taking pain killers, you guys come along with this and make me laugh till I hurt again! You are both as confused as barking birds. :whazzat:

What "medication" are you guys on? :confused:

Re: Stop you guys are killing me!!!!

Fred Dieckmann said:
"My Audigy 2 card has a 9 volt P-P output!"

"If the output is TTL, you may need a TTLL-SPDIF convertor."

Just when I stop hurting after my surgery enough to stop taking pain killers, you guys come along with this and make me laugh till I hurt again! You are both as confused as barking birds. :whazzat:

What "medication" are you guys on? :confused:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't you check your facts before you get obnoxious. My Audigy card does give a dc biased wave of sorts, and yes the pk-pk voltage is much much higher than standard.

May be it is you who is on the wrong medication.

:att'n:

Re: Re: Stop you guys are killing me!!!!

fmak said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't you check your facts before you get obnoxious. My Audigy card does give a dc biased wave of sorts, and yes the pk-pk voltage is much much higher than standard.

May be it is you who is on the wrong medication.

:att'n:

I think what he meant is that 9V pp isn't TTL at all

i have had a problem with my audigy 2 zs also, the headphone jack stopped shutting off the main speakers when my headphones are plugged even though the settings box is checked. This problem was solved by first uninstalling all of the software and drivers of my audigy 2 zs and then reinstalling it. I think that a windows update or something is causing these software problems. Maybe doing this will solve your spdif problem as well, as I am not using any of its digital outputs yet!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.