Dac or Cd player SS or tube that is the question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm new to this forum but not new to audio, but I'm the kind of guy that buys something and sticks with it for a while so I dont have a lot of experience with lots of different kinds of gear, so my question is this. Right now I'm using modified stable platter transport by Musical Concepts as well as a HDCD Musical Design Dac 1A20 platinum. This combo sounds real good but with all the tube cd players out today I'm wondering is that the way to go for even better performance. The main reason why I'm asking is It kind of seems like seperate transport dac combos arent as popular as they once were, maybe I'm wrong. Will somebody please shed some light for me on whats good whats better, whats best. Thanks.

p.s. I did do a search but nothing popped up, but Iam new so if this is kind of a repeat im sorry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.