David Broadhurst Dac site address?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You Found Me

Hi Folks,

That would be me who you're looking for.
My website hasn't been up and running for some time now although I am planning to restart it with a pre-ampllifier design....

I'm not offering PCBs for my old DAC design however I have attached the schematics of what is the latest revision of the design.

Cheers,

David

Attachments

• dac2001.zip
    72.3 KB · Views: 272
Joined 2002
Paid Member
DAC...

Hmm...first, get rid of the CS8420.....

Arne K

Attachments

• dac_imgx.jpg
    dac_imgx.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 435
Hi Arne,

The design I have just posted has a revised analog stage otherwise it would be the same as the one you have built.
I agree that the asynchronous sample rate converter in the CS8420 is probably the first thing that should be upgraded.

Peter D was actually pretty happy with the DAC but has sinced moved to Non-oversampling designs (I think). Anyway he performed several upgrades to the power supply (seperate supplies for the analog and digital sections of the DAC chips themselves). He said this "It moves the sound of an already fine DAC to the next level."

By the way I have found over the years that the socket the DF1704 is mounted in can sometimes give problems. You just need to push it down so that the contacts rewipe against the pins of the DF1704.

peranders,

Thanks for providing a link to my website, I am hoping to restart it again in a couple of months once I have this pre-amp design ready.

Dave said:
Peter D was actually pretty happy with the DAC but has sinced moved to Non-oversampling designs (I think). Anyway he performed several upgrades to the power supply (seperate supplies for the analog and digital sections of the DAC chips themselves). He said this "It moves the sound of an already fine DAC to the next level."

I was surely happy with the unit and in no way I wanted to create impression that design was inferior.

It's just that when I tried simplified NOS DACs, I found them more suitable for my needs.

ML360S is using same DAC chips as Dave's DAC (PCM1704) and although it's much more advanced and complicated, it falls short in comparison with NOS DAC as well.

Besides, if I was modyfing the unit now, I would change all the capcitance values, before and after regulators and definitely rearange the input stage.

Attachments

• mldac.jpg
    mldac.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 253
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.