Real Home Theater decoder (with delay)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, y'all.

I'm building a surround decoder (including delay), and the only IC available here in Venezuela is NTE's version of Panasonic's MN3007 (NTE1641). The thing is that the cmos clock/driver for that chip (Panasonic's MN3101, NTE1639) is not available.

I'm trying to emulate MN3101's output using a pair of 555 timers connected in push-pull (or a 556). (The schematics is kinda messy, sorry).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:smash: This is what I get from the simulation:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The datasheet for the MN3007 states that its clock input should be like this (witha 50% duty cycle):

The full data sheet can be found at: Panasonic MN3007 datasheet in PDF format

:att'n: Now, my questions are:

Can I emulate a cmos clock?
Has anyone tried this before? Did it work?
Has anyone worked with this delay IC?
Will the waveform work, even without the exact duty cycle, rise time, voltage coss point, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.