Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Oppo new UDP series players - 203/205 - Discussions, upgrades, modifications
Oppo new UDP series players - 203/205 - Discussions, upgrades, modifications
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th October 2017, 12:11 AM   #301
motospark is offline motospark  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to motospark Send a message via AIM to motospark Send a message via MSN to motospark Send a message via Yahoo to motospark
Thumbs up Look like it belongs in there :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coris View Post
Then trying so...
Click the image to open in full size.
It looks very professional, like it belongs there.

Mark.
Old 13th October 2017, 01:10 AM   #302
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motospark View Post
Hi all, I wanted to share this with you all. I found a good cable to go from the headphone jack to RCA's. Found it on Amazon, here is the link.

Amazon.com: Hosa TRS-202 1/4 inch TRS to Dual RCA Insert Cable, 6.6 feet: Musical Instruments

I do agree Coris, out of the three outputs (Stock) the headphone sounds the best, though it does lack a little punch, but the increase in transparency and clarity especially in the upper frequencies is great.

Mark
I'm not a cable/wire guy but I would get Coris' take on the comparison. That patch-cord looks a bit thread-bare.
Old 13th October 2017, 11:32 AM   #303
tekko06 is offline tekko06  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
It looks very professional, like it belongs there.

Mark.
I agree.
Old 16th October 2017, 03:11 AM   #304
motospark is offline motospark  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to motospark Send a message via AIM to motospark Send a message via MSN to motospark Send a message via Yahoo to motospark
Smile Update.

Quote:
Well I'm at a cross road, I have all the parts I need to replace the existing output caps. I have two brands, Panasonics OSCONS SECP 470uf 16v from DigiKey and ELNA RFS Silmic IIs 470uf 16v from Parts Connexion, and the bypass caps Wima 1.0uf 62v polyester. I cannot fully bypass the Eletrolytics due to my Parasound Halo Integrated design, I have already decided that after speaking to the techs at Parasound.

Not sure which I'm gonna go with, I would like to use Polyprops as my bypass caps but i'm not sure what value to use and I know they run big and keeping the leads short is also a consideration. After reading a bit I learned that the best cap to bypass the Electrolytics is a Metalized Polypropylene because of how transparent they are compared to the other material, with Teflon being the most transparent.

I already have replaced my switching power supply of my 205 with a liner type.

Time to do some more research, I'm open to your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks much in advance

Mark.
Update:

After reading many posts and material on Caps here and there I have decided to replace the Decoupling caps with the ELNA RFS Silmic IIs 470uf 16v (non-magnetic leads) tin coated copper.

I'm still looking for a film type bypass cap, one that will fit.

Moto.

Oppo new UDP series players - 203/205 - Discussions, upgrades, modificationsHide this!Advertise here!