96Khz problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Im having problems getting my DAC (DIR1703, PCM1730) working with 96Khz sampling rates.
It works perfectly with 44100 and 48000, but at anything above 48000, i get a no signal indicator from the DIR1703.

The DIR170 is running in PLL mode, 256fs, using a 12.288Mhz crystal.
According to the DIR1703, this setup in PLL mode should have no problem syncing to a 96Khz signal.

Anyone have any ideas as to why i should have problem with this?

Details on my DAC are here:
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/dac3

Thanks.

mwp

qoute from the dir1703 data sheet:
if CKSEL is connected to UNLOCK which indicates the S/PDIF decoding status and the PLL2 lock state, the system clock can be selected automatically when the S/PDIF signal is active and the bit rate is detected.

from what i see from the diagram on your web site this is not the case. (i may be well of base but i hope it helps)

mark stones said:
mwp

qoute from the dir1703 data sheet:
if CKSEL is connected to UNLOCK which indicates the S/PDIF decoding status and the PLL2 lock state, the system clock can be selected automatically when the S/PDIF signal is active and the bit rate is detected.

Thanks for the sugestion, but after a quick check, CKSEL grounded means it always in PLL2 sync mode.

You are useing scko to the dac try it at 128fs as table 3 in the data sheet

Yeh, i might give that a try.
Im thinking it wont help though, as the setup im using accoring to the table should be fine at 96khz @ 256fs.

I pulled the TOSLINK recv & trans out of $30 COAX->TOSLINK converters... i wonder if they are cheap units that cant handle 96khz.

44.1KHz with 12.288MHz crystal ?

MWP,
How is it possible to get a sampling rate of 44.1KHz with a 12.288MHz crystal ? I am looking at page 8, table 3 of the DIR1703 datasheet where 12.288MHz is not a crystal oscillator frequency that selects the 44.1KHz sampling rate....

Re: 44.1KHz with 12.288MHz crystal ?

rlim said:
MWP,
How is it possible to get a sampling rate of 44.1KHz with a 12.288MHz crystal ? I am looking at page 8, table 3 of the DIR1703 datasheet where 12.288MHz is not a crystal oscillator frequency that selects the 44.1KHz sampling rate....

Its possible to get any frequency when using pll sync mode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.