Tweaking the digital in of my receiver... Please help...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there...
First, I don't know if this is the right category for my post. If it isn't, someone please move it where it belongs.

I would like to tweak the digital in of my receiver. First, from what I've seen the caps and the opamps are pretty very much crap. The voltage regulator is about the same as well. Of course, none of the components are really high end, but I can't afford high end right now, so I try to make the best from what I have, that's why I deceided to tweak it.

Could someone help me with directions, tips, anything would help.
I attach some pics with the digital in pcb.

Thank you very much :)

Attachments

• receiver_digital_in0.jpg
    receiver_digital_in0.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 192
Come on guys, :smash: I know there must be somebody that could help me. Maybe I din't provide all the details, so feel free to ask, or yell, or whatever. Anything will help...
I know there is no schematic posted on this, but that's because I don't have any, and Denon doesn't want to send me one.
Is there a way that you can tell what caps are the most important over there? :hot:

First, thanks for your post, the ice was broken... :)

It is the AVR-1802 sold in Germany.
I've just sent another email to Denon, this time to Denon USA service dpt.
I hope I will get some feedback.

What I was hoping to get are not necessarily precise directions, a more gener approach would help as well(something like this: the caps next to the opamps must be for this, so it would be a good idea to change them for some better). This will help as well.

Other target might be the clock, as I can't differentiate(visually) between a good clock and the clock it uses... :hot:

Hi!

There are many things you can do, but I cannot promise you any improvements ;-)

First of all, search for the datasheet for the AKxxxx, i´ll guessthis is the CODEC wich performs ADC-DAC. This one will be happy if you´ll provide a seperate 5V line for it (you´ll get the unregulated volatge at the njm7805, look in the datasheet...)
A safe way would be to replace all the electrolytics with OSCONS(capacitance can be somewhat smaller then!)
This 8-pin chips are, I guess, opamps, wich can be replaced by somewhat better. try opa2134, they are cheap and do have a not so bad reputation...

For more information, please use E-mail (german plz ;-)

regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.