Denon DVD 2900 mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone had any experience moding a Denon2900 player? So far I have installed soft recocovery diodes, resistors and BG caps in the power supply. I also installed Cardas connectors for Left/Right outputs, Burr Brown OP627 op amps, damping feet, and dampened the chassis (all the easiest stuff). I would like to go to the next step and replace the clock and anything else which will enhance the capabilities of this player. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

dvd2900

The improvements were immediate. First, I replaced the diodes and noticed the sound was much more open and a bit more punch in the bass. This was probably the most cost effective upgrade. The addition of BB 627 op amps made a nice improvement also. Highs and midrange were much more defined and fluid.

I upgraded the power cable with one which I made. I used Caroll 10 AWG cable the Marinco and Wattgate connectors.

I also installed a new silver IEC connector on the unit and BG's in the PS. It has much more bass now than when I started but is still lacking in the lower end. Im not sure if it is a switching PS or not. Thanks for the replies....

I didnt discharge the caps. Im new to this and didnt think to do that. Dumb mistake. I am having problems reading some SACD disks now. This seems to have started when I replaced 3- 2W resistors. Im not sure if its related or not. I want change some of the other caps but dont know which ones to change. The schematic is on backorder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.