Zapfilter2 + Cambridge cd300se?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
I was wondering if anyone has put a ZAPfilter2 into a Cambridge cd300se?
As far as I can tell the d300se uses the crystal CS 4338 DAC.

I would really appreciate if someone would e-mail me a easy to follow schematic on how to install the ZAPfilter2.

And I'm also interested in your opinions on the end result, was it worth the investment?

Question nr2:
I'm looking for a new clock to put in it as well, but I find the lcaudio clock a bit expencive.
So if anyone knows of a less expensive, but good, clock that fits my cd, and is easy to install since I'm a newbie, then pleace let me know where to get it, price etc.
If possible a web-link to it.

I have a ZAPFilter2 (and LCAudio clock XO2?) in an old Denon DCD-2560, and I have NEVER before heard music on a such silent background. The music itself seems to come more "real", and I often hear details I never noticed before on some of my old CD's (the "good" ones).

I A-B tested this old player against a Marantz CD-63KI (unmodified), and my old Denon was much better !!!!
I really like it !!!!!:D

Cheaper, and better !? clock (I have not tested theese yet...but many others have).......
-Kwak Clock 7
-Tent clock

Lyra

Mayday said:
Hi.
......I'm looking for a new clock to put in it as well, but I find the lcaudio clock a bit expencive.
So if anyone knows of a less expensive, but good, clock that fits my cd, and is easy to install since I'm a newbie, then pleace let me know where to get it, price etc.
If possible a web-link to it.

Lars publiced some of the schematics for the LClock in this forum earlyer - try to make a search -

Mayday said:
Which of the two do you think has the biggest impact on the sound?
The clock?
Zapfilter2?

Think this question is somewhat up to what player you have in the first place. ....what is the worst link in the chain in the player as is.

On my Denon I think (!) the Zapfilter made the biggest contribution to better sound (a lot of old and no-good OP-amps in the original I/V).

Lyra

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.