Panasonic DMP-BDT700 with step up transformer for use in US?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm considering purchase of a Panasonic DMP-BDT700 blu ray player. It was not released for U.S.. Guy selling it said he would include the necessary step up transformer to work in U.S.. Basically what I'm wanting to know is will this affect audio or video quality(which is reason for purchasing this). Based on what I've read it's between oppo103 and 105 in audio quality.

I'm considering purchase of a Panasonic DMP-BDT700 blu ray player. It was not released for U.S.. Guy selling it said he would include the necessary step up transformer to work in U.S.. Basically what I'm wanting to know is will this affect audio or video quality(which is reason for purchasing this). Based on what I've read it's between oppo103 and 105 in audio quality.

Power supply is a power supply. One more step up transformer in the stream will not have an impact on the sound. If the power supply is a power factor corrected switcher, it may operate properly from 90-250 Volts and no extra transformer would even be needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.