Philips CD150 Err

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Getting busy with life so have to put this project aside for a bit. Will get back to y'all in good time. Don't think I'm quite ready to give up this for lost yet.

Did you eventually manage to repair it? I just repaired a CD150 which had the same Err message, just posted the report in a topic on this forum ( Philips CD150 repaired successfully ), maybe my findings can be helpful. In my case, the player must have had some bad electrolytics on the decoder board and probably a couple of the griplets where not conducting well, creating instability when cold and resulting in not being able to read CDs when cold. It might be a different problem, but in the process I found out and researched quite a few things.

Just saying: when you think the problem is the transport/servo board, sometimes in these players it turns out the problem is on the decoder board... I'd have discovered this hours earlier if I just happened to have another player around which uses CDM-2, as I could have installed the transport in it and would have immediatly noticed that the transport was working fine...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.