Any way to add a buffer to streamer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I have a Cambridge Audio np30 streamer and a slow internet speed. Syncs at 2mbps with noise of about 6db. Problem is it buffers quite alot on 320k bps streams like bbc radio 3 which make it almost unuseable. On the other hand my thin client running daphile gets away with 320k streams almost faultlessly.
Would it be possible to add a buffer to improve the np30.
Any ideas please.
Thanks
thyristor44

Then there's no simple solution, unfortunately... apart from maybe prioritizing ethernet packets per switch - port that has the np30 hooked-up, if your router has that option and if you have a fair few hosts that share the bandwidth. But, you will see minimal improvements, if any...

However, if you have a network hosts that use audio and / or video streaming, than by default, those packets will be prioritised!

To be sure, disconnect all hosts from the router, except the np30 and see if that makes any difference...

Then there's no simple solution, unfortunately... apart from maybe prioritizing ethernet packets per switch - port that has the np30 hooked-up, if your router has that option and if you have a fair few hosts that share the bandwidth. But, you will see minimal improvements, if any...

However, if you have a network hosts that use audio and / or video streaming, than by default, those packets will be prioritised!

To be sure, disconnect all hosts from the router, except the np30 and see if that makes any difference...
Thanks, I will have to wait untill the telephone line is upgraded.
All the best
thyristor44

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.