Suggestion for async usb converter board/module to SPDIF?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guy's appreciate some insight.
(running windows 7 x64 and Jriver media player)

My head is spinning from researching all these things, and trying to figure what to get.

Basically all I want is some board/module to go Async USB to have,
Both caox and optical out that supports upto 24/192 on the coax out.
(preferably a completed board, I either just add power, box or straight into USB power power)

I see quite a few of these things in the like $30 range and wonder if they'll do decent?

Something like this,
CM6631A USB 2 0 to SPDIF Coaxial Optical 24bit 192kHz Sound Card DAC Board | eBay

Is there something better or different I should look at in the say $50 and under category?

Is there a certain chip I should look for, maybe an XMOS is better?
I'm pretty clueless on what's best/good here.

At the present I'm using a buddy's Nuforce U192s and hoping to get at least as good of performance as that.

Thanks in advance for any and all info,
Keg

Last edited:
Much appreciate the input guy's.

This is the 1 I think I may settle on,
X 1 Xmos USB Digital Interface Module | eBay

Using the latest xmos 200series chip, ($20 more than my list, but I think not bad)
Doesn't have the optical I wanted for flexibility, but my current dacs all do have coax.

From my research I think will do me pretty well for this setup, and associated gear there.
What drivers are you going to use with it? Why do you think the XMOS chip is better than the CM6631A for a SPDIF output?

Singxer latest xmos chip based DDR,
Here is a link to an Head-fi thread which should have all the info you'd want/need.
(the 1st 3/4 of the thread is pretty relevant, the last tails off to other stuff there)
XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!

I've had the X-1 in my system for an month now, couldn't be happier with the outcome.
(sounds fantastic and not a single issue, various dacs and cables, been solid as a rock)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.