Relays in digital signal path

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why do you think that I hate smd?????

Just because I pick on P-A all the time.....that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Hey.....I never said anything about putting it into my DAC...... now, did I? [joke]

So just exactly what light is it that I am supposed to have finally seen????

Oh.....I know......the light of plundering DIY for my personal profit!

Yep, that has to be it, right.

In that case.....

OK. I only made a few of these for a customer who begged for some. If it works, I'll make more...complete with solder mask and silk screen. And charge $$$$$$ for it. And then whine that I am only doing it for fun.

Just like some other guys here do!

Only everyone will know whether I am telling the truth or just pulling their leg.

Right, guys????

(BTW.......I have a TX board also..........!)

"Show me the money" Jocko

You already have some customers, ...

for the design, only based on the picture of the board, so ....

It would highly surprise me if $$$$$ is what you are aiming for, it would certainly ruine your career here as objective critic-caster.

As a relative newbie, and having read a lot of the very informative threads on this board, I consider you as somebody that focuses on the concepts behind a design. Try to reduce the complexity of a design to its basics.
SMD is another type of packaging with its strenghts and weaknesses, and as such ...... you know.

Keep on pulling their and our legs and at the end the real guys will keep walking (and talking).

What was the subject of this thread?

'relays in digital signal path'. Well I am going to remove my logic chips (DG271) used between the puls-transf. of the SPDIF-input to the CS8412 and expect a lot of improvements.

If not i'll let you know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.