how to use double Google Chromecast audio for stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All,

I have used apple TV + MiniDSP (and modified Behringer DCX 2496) to play my own music (Ripped CD collection), it worked yet it was not ideal and the cables where quite messy with a 3-way setup.

Now I am hooked on Spotify and fed up with Apple (and its dictatorial Itunes) and wanting to make my active set up wireless while in the Apple divorce process :p.

The main idea is to use one Google Chromecast for each channel and:

1. Either, feed the digital source into a Minidsp on each side and into the active speaker.
2. Or, go simple using the DAC of the Chromecast and feed an analog channel into the (then bi-amped and analog filtered) speaker.

Option 1 is fairly simple I guess as the same output can be send to more Chromecast devices, the question is will they be perfectly synchronized? If not neither of the options will work :(.

In take 2 it would be desirable if the AK4430 DAC in the Chromecaste could be used to process 1 channel only (double mono) as I am expecting a gain in sound quality if I can manage this, especially if a decent power supply is added to the mix.

Is anybody using a similar set-up and / or willing to think along on how to achieve this?

Thanks
Peter

Revive this old thread, not sure anyone needs it:

I have taken Al-cheapo entry level audiophile approach towards wireless multi-room network music streaming (mimicking Sonos).

My audio system step-up consist of the following:
2 x CCA was config to single audio group in Goggle Home app, and have Spotify cast to this audio group, each output (from AK4430 DAC in CCA) into 2 separate china-made Class D TPA3250, double FX502Spro mono output into L or R of wharfedale diamonds 10.2. Class D powered by Meanwell LRS-150-36v.

I would say at least for 2 speakers, they sound synchronized (unable to tell if perfect).
Moreover Google Home app provides tweak controls such Delay, Bass & Treble controls well for each CCA.

Feel free to share any experience as well.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.